Technical Project Manager
Location: Madrid, Madrid ES
Requisition Number: 207170
Position Title: Professional Services Project Manager I
Purpose of Job:
The role of the incumbent will be to assist Teradata CSS Geo leader and Service Experience Managers with all facets of project management and to assist with the development of Teradata Project Management capability in CSS.
Projects scope will be around both HW and SW infraestructure delivery and configuration changes, so strong technical background is needed.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Standards:
- Project management for HW equipment delivery or technological refresh.
- Project management for complex SW configuration changes.
- Prepare work schedules, including work breakdown structure for the contracted scope
- Assist with management of project budget control for assigned projects, including preparation of financial status reports
- Monitor progress of projects to ensure that milestones and performance indicators are met
- Ensure fluent communication with customers at technical service managers level, including kick off meeting, regular follow up calls / meetings, and post mortem report.
- Keep continuous interaction with service account managers together with the account executive to ensure alignment
- Engage and control participation of global internal teams as technical contributors in the projects.
- Adhering to appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria
- Ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders
- Contribute to the development and improvement of Teradata processes and quality of services
Education: Tertiary education in computer science or equivalent
Certification:PMP (if available / not stopper)
Experience: IT Project Management Experience, especially in technological infraerstructure related projects as tech refresh, DB / OS upgrades, system migrations, etc.
- Five years hands-on project management experience with an external client facing project
- Experienced in people and client management
- Experienced in managing end to end IT Infrastructure projects
- Technological background on Linux, DB, HW
- Ability to multi-task and have flexibility to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Understanding of project lifecycle and methodology
- Clearly and effectively convey ideas, information and/or instructions to others in both written and verbal form
- Effective time-management
- Fluent in English
Other: Observe and practice the Teradata OH&S policy, guidelines and company policy and procedures.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Project Manager
Job Category: Services
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Madrid, Madrid ES