Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN
Requisition Number: 207149
Position Title: Technology Consulting II
Location : Shanghai
Industry : Bank
Data Developers development, implement, and test data ingestion and/or ETL/ELT processes to meet functional and non-functional requirements and objectives. Data Developers are broadly aligned with the Data Acquisition & Integration sub-practice.
Many Data Developers start their careers in more junior positions, but as part of their professional development, Data Developers will be encouraged to develop into “T-shaped” professionals, who may specialize in one or two disciplines (e.g.: streaming ingest or ELT processing) and technologies (e.g.: Informatica, GCFR, Kafka), but also have a working knowledge of a wider range of data processing patterns and technologies. Principal Data Developers may function as Tech Leads.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Capture ETL requirements – note this includes all data integration techniques such as ELT, etc.
- Develop, implement, and test processes for extracting data from legacy systems, production databases, Teradata, Hadoop, and Open Source platforms.
- Develop, implement, and test processes for validating and conditioning data prior to loading it into a Teradata Warehouse, Hadoop, or other platforms.
- Develop, implement, and test processes for loading initial and cyclical data into a Teradata Warehouse, Hadoop, or other platforms.
- Develop, implement, and test the processes to meet service level agreements for data timeliness and frequency.
- Determine which data elements are historic and the retention period for historic data.
- Determine data growth trends and peak business periods.
- In depth knowledge of the Teradata Database and / or Hadoop platforms.
- In depth knowledge of ETL tools and the SQL language.
- Ability to understand and properly use data integration techniques such as ETL and ELT.
- Profiling, validating, conditioning, transforming, and cleansing of data.
- Implement projects on premises, in the cloud, and hybrid environments.
- Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
- Understanding of the Teradata Reference Information Architecture
- Work with the appropriate project management methodology (Agile or Waterfall) based upon customer and project requirements
State: Shanghai Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Data Developer
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN