Senior Project Manager, Cloud Operations
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207130
Position Title: Project Manager (III)
You will support the Teradata Cloud Operations team in delivering projects and initiatives that have a direct impact to our employees and customers. We want great project managers that communicate effectively, quickly grasp and provide facts based on metrics, and create ways to get past the most challenging situations. If you have a gift for thinking outside the box, enjoy solving difficult problems, and working with diverse agile teams, we want your help to keep us moving in the right direction so we can succeed as one team.
This position is responsible for: successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project/s, while controlling risk and minimizing uncertainty. You may lead a single project or multiple projects. You may also manage Teradata employees to ensure projects meet established time, cost, technical and quality objectives.
• Responsible for taking small to large programs/projects from original concept through final implementation
• Be able to define scope, set realistic timing based on resources, team capabilities and other priorities
• Develop detailed program/project execution plan and manage all implementation processes including projects financials, progress tracking, metrics, monitoring change control process, testing, release to production and on-time delivery within capacity constraints
• Develop clear, straightforward plans that engage team dynamics
• Provide overall communication and interface with all areas affected by the program/project including cross-functional stakeholders and dependent teams
• Facilitate Scrum rituals (Planning, Standups, review, retrospective, etc.)
• Help keep Scrum dashboards and key metrics available and up to date
• Create crisp and complete status reporting in support projects you are managing
• Promote organizational understanding of Agile roles and to help teams and individuals transitioning from waterfall to Agile
• Apply consistency and best practices through project initiation, planning, execution and closing phases, enabling business outcomes and benefits tracking
• Communicates status, risks and change control plans to LT on a regular basis
• Align with cross-functional dependencies
• Surface opportunities to innovate and improve operational efficiencies
• Combined 5+ years project / program management experience with at least 3 years of that dedicated to hands-on project management/scrum experience
• Strong organizational skills
• Proven experience in managing multiple large programs/projects in enterprise environments supporting technology, cloud, or SaaS environments.
• Experience with Agile traits and techniques: Lean design, accommodating changing requirements, iterations, loop feedback with customer involvement.
• Demonstrated ability to drive status meetings with management with solid experience in decision making
• Excellent communication skills, problem solving, conflict / resolution management, active listening, time management, and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated consistent ability to lead cross-functional teams and deliver technical solutions while mitigating or removing hurdles / obstacles. Has a track record of overcoming project crisis.
• Ability to be straightforward, articulate well, and have exceptional listening skills.
• Demonstrated consistent ability to lead cross-functional teams and deliver solutions
• Agile Scrum Master Certified
• Familiarity with various engineering development practices.
• Working knowledge of SDLC process and/or background in project management for development teams
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Project Manager, Cloud Operations
Job Category: Product Management
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US