Customer Service Management Process Owner
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207108
Position Title: Program Management Specialist (IV)
Service Operational Excellence: Customer Service Management Process Owner
Location: San Diego, CA
The Customer Service Management (CSM) Process Owner is a critical role within the Customer Support and Services (CS&S) organization. You will define and manage the key processes by which we respond to and resolve customer service cases across our Customer Services, Cloud Operations, and Managed Services delivery organizations.
You will ensure that we implement world-class procedures in the eyes of our customers while remaining aligned to the guidelines of ITIL. You will provide oversight and consultation to the delivery organizations to ensure we are executing against the processes as defined and always looking for Continuous Improvement opportunities to make the processes better and more efficient for our customers and staff. This role will work with the CS&S learning resources to provide training on the core processes.
You will have the opportunity to be the Business Process Owner for most of the Customer Service Management (CSM) modules within our ServiceNow Implementation, defining and prioritizing enhancements to our tooling in conjunction with IT. These modules include, but may not be limited to Customer Services Management, Entitlement (including the management of Service Entitlement by Site IDs), Incident, Problem, Notify, and Field Service Management.
The highly motivated, energetic, and collaborative CSM Process Owner will be responsible for working with all the Support and Operations Delivery teams to ensure the process meets the needs of the customer and is seamlessly coordinated across organizational boundaries. The successful candidate will need to be comfortable driving business decisions in high pressure and often ambiguous work environment across organizational boundaries, and interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. A successful candidate will be resourceful, customer-focused, team-oriented, and analytical. He/she exhibits excellent judgment and has relentlessly high standards and has a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- Oversee and manage end-to-end definition and execution of Customer Services Management, Entitlement, Incident, Problem, Notify, and Field Service Management
- Ensure CS&S implements world-class procedures in the eyes of our customers while remaining aligned to the guidelines of ITIL
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to evaluate and drive continuous improvement to core support and operational processes
- Work with the Business Analytics team to establish and track business performance metrics that measure the effectiveness of delivery processes
- Work closely with internal/external stakeholders to proactively identify and remediate performance, financial, or operational issues
- Develop, implement and enhance standard processes and ensure the tools that enable those processes are consistent with the current and evolving needs of Teradata
- Accountable for day-to-day stakeholder management across organizational boundaries
- Conduct training and workshops around \process areas and associated technologies - work closely with CS&S Training resources
- Develop and execute communications, change management, and stakeholder engagement plans in conjunction with our Enablement/Deployment team
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Lifecycle phases, framework, and best practices
- Deep knowledge of the business and business drivers that these processes are intended to deliver
- Hands-on knowledge of ServiceNow CSM as a Business User
- 5-8+ years in complex cross-functional project/program management role
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- Background working with multiple areas of a support organization
- Demonstrated skill at building strong working relationships and influencing both internal and external stakeholders at all levels; has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, deadline-oriented, and rapidly changing work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable analytical skills using data to derive actionable insights and drive decisions in a business environment
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Practical knowledge of analytics and data warehousing
- ITIL certification, ideally ITIL 4
- DevOps certification
- Agile/Scrum Certification
- Six Sigma, Lean, or PMP certification strongly preferred
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Service Management Process Owner
Job Category: Customer Support
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US