Supply Chain Industry Consultant (IC)
Location: London, Greater London GB
Requisition Number: 207105
Position Title: Industry Consulting V
Supply Chain Industry Consultant (IC)
Are you passionate about making large companies smarter and analytics driven? The world’s largest and most analytically sophisticated enterprises use Teradata’s industry-leading Analytic technology solutions and it’s consulting services to enable them to capture, store, manage, integrate and analyse detailed data to understand and improve business performance. Providing real answers to the enterprise business problems – and be able deploy at scale and across a complex data eco-system. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence - on-premise, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
The Supply Chain Industry Consultant (IC) is a key member of Teradata’s EMEA go-to-market (GTM) support team. Engaging directly with our clients and in support of our GTM account teams, you will form part of a close collaborative team with other key dedicated account team members – the Account Executive, the Business Consultant and the Solution Engineer.
The Industry Consultant (IC) leverages detailed industry and domain knowledge as well as their network to deliver differentiated business outcomes, return on investment and value to our customers and prospects through the use of analytics and data.
The IC has broad knowledge and experience in the supply chain domain, preferably across multiple industries. The IC articulates supply chain vision and trends, provides domain knowledge to marketing and sales activities and supports innovation and thought leadership. The IC understands and promotes the business value associated with data warehouse applications, big data analytics, business intelligence, and advanced analytics. The IC establishes or enhances executive level relationships, provides subject matter expertise on engagements, and identifies new target opportunities emerging within the supply chain domain.
To be successful, the Supply Chain IC will proactively engage with both field sales teams and Teradata customers and prospects to deliver business outcomes at scale across the EMEA organisation.
The Supply Chain IC will report into the Practice Lead for Horizontal Industries.
The primary focus of the Supply Chain IC is to ensure that value is created through the use of Teradata technology, and that this value is clearly articulated both internally and externally and leveraged as part of the ongoing Teradata sales activities with our customers and prospects.
The key areas of focus for the Supply Chain IC are:
- Position Teradata as thought leader in the supply chain domain by developing collateral and customer facing material, evangelizing Teradata’s point of view for the supply chain across multiple industries at events (both internal and external) and in customer specific settings and build a social media presence within the industry.
- Develop the supply chain Industry Practice through ongoing development of supply chain business outcome concepts, IP, methodologies, templates and material that can be deployed by the organization at large for both internal training, demand creation and external (customer) work. Support account teams with specific opportunities to integrate these concepts and opportunities in their account plans.
- Coaching and mentoring by engaging with sales teams to provide support, mentoring and clear direction on the value and how best to deploy supply chain business outcome concepts to the organization overall and specifically to the IC’s, BC’s and AE’s. Also be the champion for change and influence the teams to include more business outcome content in their account strategy and sales activity.
- Engage Customers to evangelize the value of accelerating their business analytical roadmap. Work with customer and sales team to document current baseline value realized as well as desired future value opportunities from the use of Teradata technologies.
So your focus is on the largest opportunities for the selling of assets, solutions and consulting services at scale.
These responsibilities are reflected in key skills you’ll need
- Strong team working skills – both with the account teams and with other stakeholders
- Professional and effective communication skills that successfully build and maintain customer relationships at senior management and C-level
- Strong industry and / or subject domain knowledge that enables you to position Teradata in a differentiated way
More specifically, as a Supply Chain Industry Consultant, you’ll
- Act as the trusted adviser and influencer to customer senior management of various supply chain business departments, covering demand planning, transport and logistics, inventory management and supply chain finance.
- Leverage supply chain experience and research to develop a cohesive strategy and compelling key consulting offers, consulting methodologies and sales & marketing collateral to support account teams and marketing
- Provide input into sales strategies through insight of supply chain trends across different industries, company profiles, business plans and key commercial goals.
- Identify new business opportunities for analytical ecosystem solutions and develop lead offers to go to market.
- Provide direction to account teams on key areas of a customer business to target; based on experience within supply chain and the use of data and prioritize time and investments with the account team towards the largest and most critical opportunities for your client – always highlighting where Teradata has most differentiation value with our Vantage platform and our knowledge of Data & Analytics solutions at scale
- Mentor Teradata consultants on engagements to infuse supply chain knowledge into their specific technical or analytic consulting expertise
- Support the delivery of data and analytics consulting engagements as an supply chain SME helping to build business cases from insights, as well as carrying out knowledge and IP capture for reuse.
- Support key internal and external events with presentations, keynote speeches, social media content, etc, that raises Teradata’s profile within the supply chain domain.
- Brief press and industry analysts on Teradata capabilities as it relates to the supply chain domain
- Work with Teradata’s consulting services organisation and partners to develop relationships in support of the go to market approach.
Because of the role’s collaborative nature between Teradata and the client, you will need to be on the client’s site for the majority of the time. So, depending on your location, travel to the client’s site is expected across EMEA.
To succeed in this role, you’ll ideally have a combination of the following
- BSc, MBA or MSc in a business, technical or professional discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years supply chain experience in at least one industry, including proven experience in selling and commercial packaging of complex solutions involving software and consulting services, projects and programs – as well as transformation processes and ability to lead change management initiatives
- Experience of in some or all of the key supply chain capability areas, such as demand planning, international and domestic transport and logistics planning and optimization, warehousing, commercial supply chain finance planning
- Acknowledged and consolidated experience within the Data domain – Data Management, Data Analytics, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, Big Data, etc
- Credible in front of C level executives and their leadership teams. Have become a trusted advisor, providing direction and best practice in the use of data to achieve business goals.
- Ability to tell a story with data, excite business stakeholders on the insight that has been created and articulate the approach to realising business value.
- Experience of building business cases based on the application of analytics and converting into live, fully funded projects.
- Ability to create solid and trusted working relationships with clients – understand their business strategy and priorities, use Data and Analytics to grow their business and engage industry consultants when additional deep SME capability is required
- A commitment to life-long learning and personal development – both for themselves and their extended teams
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with proficiency in written and spoken business English
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Supply Chain Industry Consultant (IC)
Job Category: Sales
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB