Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 207098
Position Title: Facilities Specialist (III)
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico (Zona Rio)
Teradata (TD) has established a new office in Tijuana BC, Mexico. It is currently hosted by EazyRio, a co-working building in the heart of Zona Rio. This has provided expediency to opening operations in this new location, without the need to build our own building from scratch. This arrangement also brings the need to establish an ongoing and effective dialogue with the EazyRio personnel to ensure operations are run smoothly and the facility offers a conducive environment for Teradata’s employees. Strong relationships with Teradata’s Facilities (Corporate Real Estate) and Corporate Security are also critical. On occasion, interaction with HR and Accounting teams is required. A big advantage of Tijuana as a location is the proximity to TD’s Headquarters in San Diego (Rancho Bernardo); as such, arranged transportation for employees from both offices back and forth is important. Additional offices provisioning activities, such as office supplies, break room supplies and event-specific supplies need to be owned, monitored and coordinated in a professional and systematic manner. Therefore, sourcing and effective relationships with external vendors are key to success.
- Maintain and manage the list of open requests related to facilities and coordinate directly with EazyRio as needed for timely completion - this includes timely escalate to site manager as needed
- Own ongoing relationships with selected vendors and 3rd parties, including quality, timely delivery, billing, etc. Includes proactive research of vendor options, as directed by Site Leader
- Arrange and coordinate employee transportation between sites (Tijuana <-> San Diego)
- Monitor inventory and manages the provisioning of supplies and consumables for the site, including those provided by EazyRio
- With direction from Site Leader and CRE, coordinate all site-related activities as it relates to facilities improvement, maintenance and preventative actions to avoid operations disruption. These may include internal moves, site expansion, etc.
- Support welcoming of new employees, with facilities orientation and other necessary introductions/briefings. Other activities may be required, as directed by Site Leader
- Coordinate da-to-day site tactical operations, such as mail, courier, 3rd party work, etc.
- Supports Site Leadership in travel arrangements
- Along with Site Manager, co-leads organizing employee and other special on-site events; on occasion, he/she will be required to support off-site and/or weekend events
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with multiple parties (vendors, employees, etc.)
- Customer service experience a big plus
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Experience in organizing/hosting business events
- Logistics/transportation experience
- Fully bilingual Spanish/English
- Effective communications, verbal and written
- 4-5 years of successful professional experience with similar responsibilities
Community / Marketing Title: Office Manager
Job Category: Administrative
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX