Location: Taipei, Taipei TW
Requisition Number: 207063
Position Title: Technology Consulting III
The Physical Data Modeler is responsible for the design and instantiation of the physical data model based on the logical data model. This includes creating the base tables, associative tables, views, the semantic layer, and choosing and creating all indexes. The Physical Data Modeler uses input from the Business Information Modeler, the Application Consultant, the Business Intelligence Consultant, the Database Administrator, and the ETL Consultant. This individual must have the skills to understand the logical data model as well as the business requirements. The Physical Data Modeler may be the Project Tech Lead on a project.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Create the physical data model with a data modeling tool like ERwin, PowerDesigner, etc.
- Modify the physical data model for efficient data access paths.
- Generate and execute DDL to create databases, tables, views, and the semantic layer.
- Identify and create primary indexes, partitioned primary indexes, secondary indexes, join indexes, and all other needed indexes.
- Identify statistics columns, and create and execute collect statistics statements.
- Identify, define, and create necessary associative tables, data constraints, and compression mechanisms.
- Recommend and establish standards, guidelines, and procedures for design and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s Science Degree or equivalent
- At least 10 years relevant experience
- Experience in ERwin data modeling tool
- Experience in enterprise data warehouse (EDW)
- Experience in Banking or Manufacturing or Retail industry
- Experience in working on large projects ( at least 20 people)
- Good communication skills in Mandarin and English
Community / Marketing Title: Data Modeler
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Taipei, Taipei TW