Product Owner - Vantage Data Platform
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207044
Position Title: Product Manager (II)
With all the expenditures made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between, throughout the world. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It’s the new way we transform how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
The Vantage Data Platform team drives the vision and roadmap for the core of the Teradata product portfolio. Our groundbreaking product has been a 17 time leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Management Solutions for Analytics and is a leader in The Forrester Wave: Data Management for Analytics. We power $1.4B in annual recurring revenue and deliver business outcomes for companies with the world’s most complex data and analytics needs.
The thing we value most is delivering outcomes that matter. For our team, our company, and our customers. We work as a team, we are outcome driven, and we are accountable.
Do you want to own part of the Teradata Vantage Data and Analytics platform? Do you want to drive the next generation of capabilities for a world class product? Do you want to drive faster actions and answers for the largest and most well-known companies around the globe? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with data and analytics excite you? If so, this is your opportunity to make an impact.
Interesting Work You’ll Do
- You will work with product managers, customers and sales teams to understand market needs and solve customer pain points.
- You will be relentlessly focused on providing features that create real business value for our customers.
- You will be the voice of the customer to engineering and ensure everyone understands the what and the why of the features we are building.
- You will own the product backlog for several scrum teams.
- You will articulate the specifics of a feature and the value it delivers thru user stories and acceptance criteria.
- You will measure everything and make decisions based on data.
- You will work with intelligent and dedicated people from around the globe.
- You will roll your sleeves up, get your hands dirty, and have fun.
- You will drive innovation at a tech company that has been leading the industry for over 40 years.
- You will deliver features that the world’s most well know companies rely on to run their business.
- You will have a direct, visible impact on driving Teradata forward.
Qualifications: The basics
- Experience working for a software company.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to influence without authority.
- A team mindset and the ability to adapt.
- Experience with agile development.
- Outcome oriented with the ability to drill down from the big picture to specific details.
Qualifications: Things that will set you apart
- Experience in databases, data warehouses, data management or analytics.
- Experience as a software engineer.
- Proven track record as a product owner or product manager.
- Experience working on a large, complex software platform involving many teams.
- Experience working for a SaaS company.
- Experience working with large enterprises.
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Product Owner - Vantage Data Platform
Job Category: Product Management
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US