Cloud and IoT Streaming Data Product Manager
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 207026
Position Title: Product Manager (III)
Be involved in the fast growing, cloud space while working for a company that's the recognized leader in the enterprise analytics space. In this position, you'll play a central role leading and orchestrating the definition of product requirements and go-to-market strategy to ensure we are connecting to a wide range of data sources with critical latency & volume considerations. This role will require coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of our organization. You'll work with our clients, partners, other vendors, and operational stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new capabilities through expertly crafted business requirements documents.
- Define the strategy for ecosystem connectivity enabling Teradata to access & analyze data on various data sources with a special focus on “streaming data” on AWS, Azure, GCP & Hybrid Cloud
- Lead and execute the strategy for defining a cloud forward user experience for enabling data movement, data visualization & data virtualization
- Deeply empathize with users to build delightful user experiences that simplify the complex , traditional ecosystem connectivity
- Conduct “build vs buy vs partner” analyses to enable the right path to building
- Evaluate the right partners to engage with & work with alliances to drive this collaboration.
- Run aaS scrum meetings, oversee day-to-day technical development and execution, performance metrics to deliver quality product
- Declare and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to help define/refine product vision and prepare for execution
- Coordinate internal release planning with rest of Teradata analytics delivery teams
- Oversee the review of the core products and ensure exit criteria have been met
- Ultimately, ensure the delivery of an innovative offering and solution drawn from user requirements, market validation, and measured by KPIs
BA/BS required; BS in Computer Science/Engineering, MS/ MBA preferred
- 7+ years of Product Management experience in a software technology business
- 4+ years of experience in cloud native security
- Experience working with Message Systems such as Kafka and JMS and / or streaming engines like Kinesis / EventHub / DataFlow
- Excellent understanding of the Streaming Market with trends, customer deployment models, monetization models and technologies
- Strong background with Azure , GCP and / or Amazon Web Services Cloud Platforms
- Proven experience defining cloud native user experience.
- Strong understanding of cloud native and competitive pricing for connected ecosystem.
- Ability to create and own the product vision , roadmap and manage the product backlog from user centric perspective
- Ability to prioritize the requirements in the context of the entire portfolio
- Proven track record of taking a product from conception & definition phase through engineering design and taking it to market
- Analytical background sufficient for pricing / margin / elasticity analysis
- Proven ability to manage and scale a business from a product management perspective
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate complex concepts to management, team members as well as non-technical audiences
- Exceptional ability to impact and influence business results where cross group collaboration is required using strong facilitation and consensus building skills
- Hands on experience with public cloud technology, and a good technical understanding of storage technologies.
- Ability to analyze competitors, do SWOT analysis, and estimate market potential of feature and product
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment
- This position is based in Teradata's research and development main campus in San Diego, CA , with an option to be based out of Seattle WA
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud and IoT Streaming Data Product Manager
Job Category: Product Management
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US