Senior Financial Planning Analyst - East
Location: New York, New York US
Requisition Number: 207006
Position Title: Planning Analyst (III)
This role is for a Financial Planning Analyst for the Northeast Region supporting a Vice President/General Manager within the Teradata Americas Region Sales organization. The analyst is responsible for revenue recognition, monthly and quarterly financial analysis, monthly and quarterly forecasts, annual plan development, quota development, management review support, and other general financial planning. On a day-to-day basis, this support includes providing information, analysis and recommendations that allow the VP and sales/service management to more efficiently and effectively manage the business, while growing revenue and improving profitability.
- High business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze financial data, and perform transactional accounting as required.
- Exceptional understanding of revenue recognition policy and ability to apply to multiple element transactions
- Ability to review and interpret complex contract/customer agreement detail
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate through all levels of the organization
- Detail oriented
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work closely with sales and sales management
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives
- Ability to utilize information technology to meet team and customer requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 6 years related work experience
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education, certification and work experience
- Self-directed individual
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, GAAP, and software revenue recognition SOP 97-2
- Experience in financial reporting and/or accounting functions
- Knowledge of Business Objects and Hyperion
- Strong capability in Excel and other windows applications
- Experience in Financial Planning
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: New York
State: New York
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Financial Planning Analyst - East
Job Category: Finance
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US