HR Generalist - Regional HR
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207005
Position Title: HR Regional Partner (II)
Purpose of the Role
This role is a member of the HR Partner team, responsible for supporting Teradata’s businesses within the Americas geography, working in collaboration with the Global HR Partner team and HR Centers of Excellence (COE’s) to enable the people strategies to drive business outcomes. Reporting to the HR Regional Partner Lead, you will be on the front line of partnering with leaders and employees driving processes that optimize the company’s investment - our people, while ensuring alignment and support of our corporate culture and business initiatives. In this role you will deliver and drive full spectrum human resources activities that will strengthen culture, improve operations, performance and enhance engagement within the region.
- Support business needs in providing a full spectrum of human resources activities
- Provide high touch, results oriented interactions with employees and managers
- Communicate effectively at multiple levels within the organization
- Have high standards for individual contributions and business outcomes
- Employee lifecycle management including
- New employee onboarding/orientation
- Employee performance (investigations, employee relations, coaching, performance improvement plans)
- Rewards and recognition
- Exit interviews
- Participate on a regional process team in harmonization of policies and practices
- Support center of excellence program roll out within the region (talent management, total rewards, benefits, talent acquisition and workforce analytics)
- Facilitate manager and employee training
- Participate in large scale change efforts (company reorganization, realignment, reductions in force, etc.)
- Understand labor laws, legislations, employment practices and policies and ensure compliance within the region
- Comfortable with and able to effectively analyze and use data to inform and measure outcomes
- Minimum of 2 years related HR experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or relevant field
- Must have broad HR knowledge including, employee relations, total rewards, talent acquisition, talent management etc.
- Prior experience in supporting implementation of HR programs and procedures to improve overall operations and organizational effectiveness
- Experience working with multiple lines of business, preferably in a highly matrixed origination
- Strong execution skills and orientation – possessing initiative and capability to support programs and projects
- Strong attention to detail and bias for action
- Regional (US) compliance knowledge / experience; understanding of labor laws, employment practices and policies
- Good communications skills and the ability to influence managers/leaders
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: HR Generalist - Regional HR
Job Category: Human Resources
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US