Manager, Information Engineering
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206988
Position Title: Manager, Information Engineering
Teradata is looking for an experienced Information Engineering Manager to join our team. This is your opportunity to make a difference and grow with Teradata, driving and delivering technical content for a range of software products, within application GUIs and through our popular docs site, https://docs.teradata.com.
With over half a million users of our documentation, your success will directly impact how our customers harness the power of Teradata, and in turn, their business success. You will be expected to be coach and a player, sometimes rolling up your sleeves to get work done.
- Lead and manage day-to-day management of a team of technical writers/content developers, information architects, and program leads. Enable and ensure the team stays focused and productive through changing priorities.
- Work with the Information Engineering leadership team to manage department-wide resources and priorities
- Grow a high performing team: Develop clear goals, expectations, and accountability, celebrate accomplishments, provide effective coaching of individuals to develop and to reach their highest potential, and hire top talent.
- Challenge the status quo and drive your team to deliver top notch technical content, using cutting-edge tools. Encourage innovation.
- Build and leverage positive cross-functional relationships
- As needed, program manage strategic initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree, and a technical background
- 10 years of relevant experience, of which at least five included leading or managing people
- Strong understanding of information engineering best practices. Experience producing documentation for complex technical products or environments.
- Strong leadership skills, and ability to dive into the details as needed
- Proven change management and program management experience
- Exceptional organization and communication skills, and ability to work with all levels and functions of the organization
- Curiosity and desire to learn about and try new technologies, methods, and trends. Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly.
- Ability to understand business goals, and translate them into documentation opportunities
- Working knowledge of best practices for software documentation, such as digital publishing, search engine optimization, interactive guidance, collaborative writing, etc.
- Technical knowledge: Database technology, analytic functions, SQL, APIs, data warehousing, cloud, or other technologies related to Teradata’s products
- Experience making data driven decisions, and measuring success
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience producing content using DITA XML and a component content management system
Who are we?
- We are a large and welcoming group of skilled technical communicators
- We produce minimalist user and field documentation for a wide range of products, and we do it in style. Adding value to all aspects of the documentation, we are respected by our partners in R&D, Marketing, Product Management, and more.
- We are committed to DITA and HTML publishing but are also exploring effective ways of delivering content through other channels.
Teradata is in an exciting place of growth, providing a multitude of interesting opportunities, both in terms of products and content. Are you up for the challenge?
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Information Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US