CI/CD Testing Director
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206981
Position Title: Director, DevOps Engineering
Do you describe yourself as a strong leader, a creative thinker and a person focused on delivering results? Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for an experienced CICD/Testing Director. This position will be located in San Diego and will be responsible for leading a multifaceted team in the design and delivery of the continuous integration and the continuous deployment framework and driving adoption of standard toolsets and CI/CD process across multiple product teams. The candidate will use metrics and data analytics to drive improvements in the CI/CD pipeline and the integrated tool stack, resulting in optimized product release and support.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Drive the architecture, design, and implementation of automated/continuous build, deploy test and release process
- Align your testing and QA strategy to the business and testing objectives
- Develop and report on key metrics, indicators, and improvements enabling data-driven decision making
- Drive the requirements gathering and testing of new technologies for offering new services or improving existing services
- Drives process improvements and ensures that process and procedure changes are documented and communicated
- Manage a high-performing testing team with a strong testing culture and high morale.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise within QA teams
- Introduce and implement industry best practices for the teams
- Directly manage and assist testing engineers in building effective testing strategies for their assigned projects
- BS degree in Computer or related focus. Advanced degree or development work in this field preferred. Demonstrated industry-leading expertise in test and validation is required.
- 10-15 years of related industry experience, with progressive leadership roles preferred either in managing teams or as a test architect. Of this, at least 5-7 should be in database software/validation/QA focused roles.
- Demonstrated experience with cross-functional teams in multiple locations.
- Expertise in Linux or similar operating systems, standard test and system tools and proficiency in at least one scripting language (Python, Bash, Perl) and pipeline automation tools such as Jenkins.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: CI/CD Testing Director
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US