Director, Product Management - Business Continuity
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206974
Position Title: Director, Product Management
Platform and Business Continuity Product Management is responsible for charting and executing product and capabilities directions to achieve end user satisfaction, competitive distinction and ultimately to generate business benefits for Teradata. We have a wide range of responsibilities and a mandate to collaborate with both external and internal stakeholders to achieve our goals. Our organization has a dynamic range befitting of a portfolio of products and capabilities intent upon capturing and preparing customer data, plus ensuring analytics are always on and operating at the highest efficiency. Overall, Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
Today our technologies offer industry-leading functions enabling business to enjoy an “always on” pattern for key analytical systems. However, what’s next for the industry? We believe that Teradata is poised to define the ultimate “always on” end state for the analytics industry at large and are looking for talent to own and execute the business for that end state.
As the Director of Product Management for Business Continuity you will own the business of a portfolio making possible an always on Teradata infrastructure. This means you will need to balance both current and future business from a market in perspective. To get there you should be eager to work with our customers and the complete Teradata value chain to achieve customer and Teradata goals. We need you, as the candidate, to demonstrate an understanding of the business continuity market, ultimately map this understanding into a Teradata executable plan, using an Agile framework, and encourage the internal value chain to execute appropriately.
This Director of Product Management position is for a well-rounded candidate with experiences in leading a team of product managers and owners, a proven track record of owning a set of related products in a portfolio, and extensive knowledge of the business continuity market.
- Business ownership and accountability of Business Continuity offers for Vantage.
- Discover market needs, define, implement, and maintain a comprehensive Business Continuity portfolio and program.
- Partner with engineering to validate key portfolio concepts, with end user customers, and then socialize validated concepts with internal stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate with senior management, colleagues, and adjacent teams using both technical and non-technical approaches.
- Exceptional ability to impact and influence business results where cross group collaboration is required using strong facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Travel globally to meet and collaborate with customers and field organizations to continuously refine and validate the program vision while maintaining strong relationships with customers.
- From the product management perspective maintain existing strategic partnerships, and as needed work with appropriate teams to build new partnerships in an effort to accelerate the business.
- Develop market opportunity analysis, contribute to market POV, and monitor market trends to identify growth opportunities.
- Declare and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to help define/refine the portfolio from vision through execution.
- Generally, ensure product ownership/management activities meet industry-leading standards, processes and controls for offer release activities across the portfolio.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to travel 25%-30% both domestically and internationally.
- 10+ years of Product Management (or equivalent) experience in the software technology business.
- Proven track record of managing a team of product managers and product owners who are potentially geographically distributed.
- Progressively senior roles managing information technology products is required.
- Excellent understanding of public, private, and hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Knowledge of customer system and data availability requirements, including measurement methodologies (RPO/RTO) and Uptime (SLAs/SLOs) measures, architectural approaches, etc.
- A proven customer centric viewpoint, with associated hands on experiences, fully aware of the competitive and industry trends in the markets that service business continuity.
- Ability to create and own the vision and delivery of a service line offering and manage the program backlog from a user centered perspective.
- Evidence of experience in markets that service business continuity needs for customers.
- Knowledge of open source data platform technologies and markets to support data protection, integration and analytics tasks at scale: e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes.
- Deep understanding of relational database technologies with an emphasis on technologies and brands that assert high availability like Goldengate and Oracle Dataguard.
- Hands on experience with public cloud technology, and an excellent market understanding.
- Track record of taking a conceptual offering from conception & definition phase through engineering design and taking it to market.
- Profound experience in managing the product life cycle management in Jira and Aha!
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
This position is located in San Diego, CA (specifically Rancho Bernardo) a state-of-the-art facility conducive to a creative and teaming atmosphere. This fast-paced high-tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise creativity and move our state-of-the-art technologies and product strategies forward.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Product Management - Business Continuity
Job Category: Product Management
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US