Product Management Intern
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206973
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (II)
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June 2020 and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
We are the product management team focused on Vantage Data Management enabling data agility by providing the key capabilities required for modern analytics architectures with data across the customers’ ecosystems with a large emphasis in data in data lakes. Business analysts and data scientists need timely access to curated, ‘model’ ready data sets and a range of advanced analytics, AI/ML algorithms to produce answers in the form of simple, visual and shareable analytics, consumable by (non-technical) business users within their organizations.
As a Summer 2020 intern, you will assist with the following product line management activities:
- Management of products through every stage of the product lifecycle
- Development of clear and actionable product requirements that engineering can use to effectively build products with rapid and high market acceptance
- Develop & manage product-related collateral such as enablement decks, intro notebooks, customer-facing presentations, etc.
- Participate in Cross-Functional Teams (CFT) to ensure product specifications & schedules are met per customer/market expectations
- Participate in early product alpha and beta activities with customers and prospects
- Maintain a repository of product competitive analyses for product positioning
Must be enrolled in a BS/MS/Phd degree program. With graduation dates between December 2020-June 2022.
- Currently pursuing a technical degree (Engineering or Computer Science)
- Business or Product Management or Product Marketing experience or training
- Technical experience in embedded software
- Detail-oriented but can also see the big picture
- Basic understanding of product life cycle from product conception, qualification, build, and market release
- Good communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Capable of prioritizing tasks, monitor project progress & report program statuses to management in a timely fashion
- Ability to manage multiple projects, multi-tasking and meet established deadlines
- Sense of urgency to meet customer requirements and commitment to customer service & satisfaction
- High level of integrity and work ethics
- Pursuing MBA degree
- Relational Database Management System experience
- Advanced Analytics experience
- Aha! Roadmap Software
- MS Excel user
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Product Management Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US