Regional Change Control Specialist
Location: Madrid, Madrid ES
Requisition Number: 206972
Position Title: System Support Field Engineer II
This is an opportunity for an individual to become a member of the EMEA Change Control team in Madrid. He/She will work remotely with a team of Change Control Analysts devoted to providing “World Class” service in support of these and other Teradata customers located in EMEA. The change control specialist is the owner of the customer’s change controls and is responsible for establishing and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. This role provides change control services and full system support that includes hardware and software. The change control specialist will provide leadership in the planning stages of installations and upgrades as well as project coordination during these activities and system support. Additionally, the role provides hardware and software first level technical support within the “Teradata Customers Services” (TCS) department of the Teradata division.
Responsibilities include but are not limited too; software, firmware and application upgrades, system analysis, server grade hardware installation, customer satisfaction, asset management, and individual development for mission critical customer support.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Using verbal and written English language communication skills, to prepare and deliver presentations when required.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong facilitation and team skills.
- Perform simple to complex analyses with the use of a personal computer. Flexibility in a multi-managed working environment.
- Strong customer orientation
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a computer related technology field, within the last 5 years
- Minimum 1 year experience with Linux, UNIX, DBMS and Windows with in the last 3 years
- Minimum 1 year experience with server grade hardware
- Conceptual understanding of Intel-based computer hardware architectures
- Experience working customer services role
- Ability to travel to various local and/or long-distance locations
- Must be an EU citizen, must speak English.
- Experience in Host software (MVS, VM etc)
- Experience with networking configuration
- Knowledge of Teradata, Linux, UNIX, Windows, mainframe operating systems (VM/MVS, etc.)
- Teradata Database experience
- Teradata Certification
- Knowledge on storage systems architecture
- Knowledge on Backup / restore equipment
Community / Marketing Title: Regional Change Control Specialist
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Madrid, Madrid ES