Director, Product Management - Teradata Platforms
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206966
Position Title: Director, Product Management
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
This is your opportunity to be highly impactful Director/Sr. Director of Product Management, for an existing multi-million dollar product-line with Fortune-500 customers. You will be hiring/mentoring the team, enabling market research to build new products for Teradata to win in Cloud Data Warehouse & Analytics market. Teradata is the world’s leading data warehousing and Big Data organization and has embarked on an exciting journey to build and deliver the industry’s highest performing data warehousing and analytics offerings. Today, some of the largest and cutting-edge companies run their applications on our industry-leading software & public cloud infrastructure.
Summary: This role is responsible for developing and executing the Analytics Platform As-a-service strategy & offering on Public Cloud. Build a three to five year growth strategy by defining new services and solutions based on market demand. Leverage technical, analytical, process and strategic skills towards executing high impact value added opportunities that will drive the next phase of growth for Teradata in the Cloud, On-Premises and SaaS delivery models. Work with global engineering to build services and assist in defining and executing the go to market strategy. This PM leader will have overall responsibility to manage a full P&L.
- Hire & Mentor PM team for Cloud Data Warehouse & Analytics
- Own the P&L, Strategy, Roadmap & Planning for Vantage As-a-Service on Public Cloud
- Drive new capabilities/features or services for integration with AWS, Azure & Google Cloud.
- Engage with customers to understand their needs, evolve product requirements and be the “voice of the customer” in the product planning process
- Be an Agile champion: Introduce product themes, prioritize requirement using business metrics, manage backlogs, develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories.
- Work with engineering to define the exit criteria & prepare for product readiness for delivery.
- Pricing & Bundling: Drive pricing strategy, define meters & price-point and course correct steady state pricing of existing offerings.
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Support, Professional Services, Sales and Operations to define the go-to-market plan and product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, sales tools and technical white papers.
- Create and deliver sales training for the direct sales force as well as partner sales forces and technical services and support teams.
- Build a partner strategy with public cloud vendors to integrate with cloud-native ecosystem and drive innovation in the Vantage platform.
- Represent Teradata at various industry events, conferences and internal forums
- 10 years of Enterprise Cloud, SW/Infrastructure experience in Data Warehouse, Analytics, Cloud Orchestration Software, Server, Storage, Networking,
- 5+ years of Product Management experience building data center products & taking them to market.
- Strong combination of technology & business.
- Strong Sales Enablement & GTM skills to drive sales-plays with sales & marketing teams.
- BS in Computer Science with 5-8 years of experience building products in Enterprise Data Center space.
- MBA Preferred.
- Pre-sales or marketing experience a plus.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Product Management - Teradata Platforms
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US