Senior Performance DBA, Americas Team Lead
Location: Bentonville, Arkansas US
Requisition Number: 206965
Position Title: Technical Consulting Specialist (V)
Senior Performance DBA, Team Lead – Americas
Location: Bentonville, AR
The Senior Performance DBA and Team Lead are responsible for overall service delivery, effectiveness, and execution for onsite Performance DBA services in the Americas for a specific named account. The position will report directly to and work very closely with the Global Performance Management Practice Lead to ensure effective Performance DBA delivery. This lead role will also deliver Performance DBA services full time at a named account and have a billable target of 100%.
Overall Job Purpose
- Guide a team of two or more Performance DBA resources and deliver Performance DBA services for a critical account in the Americas.
- Work with the Global Performance Management Practice leads to continually evolve Performance DBA delivery and standards.
- Ensure adherence to Performance DBA delivery contract terms
- 100% Billable Target, < 5% Travel
Service Delivery Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyze poor system performance and identify queries driving poor performance
- Participate and guide the team in employing various general optimization techniques to improve query performance, such as:
- Recommend and apply index, statistics and compression improvements
- Recommend and test physical model changes
- Optimize ETL/ELT code to leverage parallelism
- Validate BI tools are generating optimized SQL
- Review query syntax to identify opportunities to improve optimizer paths
- Maintain the appropriate dbscontrol settings of the database on an on-going basis
Workload Management Monitoring and Management
- Closely monitor the performance of various workloads and ensure workloads are performing according to SLA requirement
- Generate and delivery workload performance reports
- Continually review and document business performance priorities
- Modify TASM rulesets to leverage all TASM features to align to business priority requirements
- Analyze and manage space (perm, temp, spool) utilization amongst databases and users
- Monitor system using Viewpoint to identify system performance issues
- Monitor performance of BAR processes, troubleshoot and resolve or escalate issues as required
- Prepare and provide a weekly system and query performance reports using Tableau or other visualization tools
- Viewpoint support, configuration, and alert maintenance
- Monitor critical workload performance timeframes for SLA adherence
- PDCR support and implementation
- Work issues and incidents with GSO
- Setup and replicate database environments across dev, test and production systems
- Support data dictionary maintenance - the creation of databases, tables, views and access rights
- TTU upgrade support
- Migration and TASM support related to upgrades
- Pre/post-upgrade regression testing for critical workloads
- Post upgrade query validation and corrective actions
- Unity/Query Director configuration support
- Mainframe connector and job support – job failure analysis, TDP/IFP connections
- Teradata connector troubleshooting and customer education
- ODBC/JDBC Driver support
- Data Mover setup, performance, and support
- General Teradata feature support
- ETL and BI technical support
Coordination and Collaboration
- Work with account team to ensure effective task prioritization and customer success
- Continual communication with customer DBAs and application teams to validate work efforts and communicate results
- Guide and mentor members of the full Performance DBA team to drive effective and efficient delivery
- Track delivery effectiveness and hold regular delivery reviews for the account team, Global Performance Management Practice Lead, and customer
- Coordinate with the Global Performance Management Practice Lead to refine Performance DBA delivery
Qualifications/Skills and Experience
- Proven leadership skills & experience
- Experience with delivering performance-related consulting highly desirable
- Leads Change: Knows how to meet diverse challenges and manage resistance to change initiatives.
- Facilitates & Fosters Collaboration: Engages others and gains participation in collaborative efforts.
- Produces Results: Drives the execution of measurable results.
Technical Skills and Experience
- 10+ years Teradata Database Administration: Experience with all tasks related to database administration of Teradata platforms
- 5+ years Performance Management: Experience analyzing and recommending actions in the area of Teradata platform workload management, performance tuning, and capacity planning
- Proven experience in rapidly diagnosing performance-related issues on major customer systems and planning for mitigation strategies/actions
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related business degree.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Performance DBA, Americas Team Lead
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bentonville, Arkansas US