Director, Financial Planning - Teradata Services
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206950
Position Title: Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
The Director, Financial Planning for the Teradata Services business unit is the finance business partner for the Chief Services Officer. Teradata Services is comprised of the Customer Services, Managed Services, and Cloud Operations teams. The Director will provide financial leadership to these organizations while managing a team to provide monthly and quarterly financial analysis, quarterly outlook, annual and long-range plan development, management reporting, business case / ROI analysis, and other general financial planning activities. The director will also be responsible for establishing the financial infrastructure for the fast growing Cloud Operations group, ensuring profitable revenue growth of Teradata’s cloud business.
- Acts as Chief Financial Officer of Teradata’s Services organization, driving financial discipline throughout the organization. Executes all financial processes established by Corporate Finance. This includes monthly results reporting, forecasting, annual budget creation and operationalization, capital plan, and headcount plan. Establishes and maintains financial architecture within the Services organization to track spend and investments by organization that ultimately drives accountability throughout the organization
- Work cross functionally to report on financial related KPI’s that bring transparency to the effectiveness of the Customer Services, Managed Services, and Cloud operations organizations.
- Drives high level of accuracy in forecasting process, aligning spend with headcount forecasts, capital, depreciation, and other cost drivers.
- Strategically advises senior leadership within Services on the basis of our business objectives, identifying opportunities and challenges, and doing so with a comprehensive understanding of changing industry trends and their effect on our business.
- Helps prepare Chief Services Officer for various management presentations, including Teradata LT and board presentations
- Support business case and ROI analysis for new product initiatives, helping to foster creativity and inventiveness while keeping a keen eye on the overall return on investment opportunity.
- Help guide and develop a Strategic Long Range Plan for the organization and operationalize based on overall company strategic initiatives, including hiring implications for meeting plan parameters.
- Reviews analysis results, develops insightful suggestions for investment, sourcing, cost reduction and leads strategic business decisions.
- Collect and present relevant and actionable financial data for use in business review, planning, reporting and monthly outlook processes. Prepare and analyze financial outlooks and operating results. Highlight risks and variances.
- Support corporate automation initiatives and continue to drive efficiencies across the finance organization and within the Services organization.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in IT financial management including managing a finance team
- Experience in financial modeling and analysis of large scale IT infrastructure, application and/or service investments
- Understands Cloud computing technologies, can anticipate workload transition challenges.
- Experience with establishing complex budgets including financial modeling and scenario analysis.
- University (Bachelor’s) Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related Business discipline. MBA a plus
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education or work experience.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of analytic tools such as Business Objects, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Enterprise
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure and in constant changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with leaders from other functional areas
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Financial Planning - Teradata Services
Job Category: Finance
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US