Sr Staff Product Manager, Cloud Services
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206914
Position Title: Product Manager (V)
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
About the Position:
Senior Staff Product Manager – Cloud Services
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead a cohesive effort in building Cloud Services strategy and plans on Cloud platforms. As a product manager for Teradata’s as-a-Service Product Management team, you will be responsible for defining, planning and executing Teradata’s Cloud Onboarding strategy and solution.
As a Cloud Onboarding Product Manager, you will be part of a team responsible for the defining the process to onboard customers into Teradata’s Cloud and drive adoption of Teradata’s Cloud. You will work closely with our Sales team to ensure successful onboarding. You will work cross-functionally with Customer Success, Services, Sales and the other organizations within Teradata to ensure a unified customer onboarding experience.
You are able to traverse the realms of business, experience design & technology and can rapidly simplify complex topics and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization. Define and communicate a product vision and strategy to all layers of the organization and gain alignment across teams in product development and across other functions at Teradata.
You will drive product development, expanding solution capabilities by understanding first hand customer insights and translating business needs to engineering for development. Have solution and customer focused mindset to understand technical market needs, set priorities across functions and help translate market realities into a product roadmap.
You will be part of our cross functional Product Team leading roadmap development and agile execution and oversee entire offering lifecycle and will be accountable for driving commercial results of assigned offering.
• Define and own the development of user requirements, product backlog and business plan for an offering or a solution within an offering.
• Build and maintain a roadmap that helps the team to progress - iteratively - towards the vision and objectives. You will make hard trade-offs using a blend of qualitative and quantitative inputs and help unblock the team from cross-team dependencies, leveraging your relationships with other teams.
• Validate the vision with internal stakeholders and external end user customers.
• Lead the agile scrum teams and own the product development lifecycle for your initiatives and offerings
• Develop market opportunity analysis and monitor market trends to identify growth opportunities
• Collaborate with UI/UX counterparts to deliver coherent and intuitive interfaces that hold true to our Cloud principles of simplicity and premium design.
• Declare and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to help define/refine product vision and prepare for execution
• Follow the software development lifecycle from inception throughout design, engineering, testing and deployment
• Track progress against success metrics and escalate potential risks or arising issues.
• Facilitate project meetings, team coordination, issue resolution, and action item tracking.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate complex concepts to management, team members as well as non-technical audiences
• Analytical thinking and creative ability to work outside the box to solve problems
• Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Involves a limited amount of travel (<20%)
• US Permanent Residence
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Business or related technical field or equivalent of education and experience
• 4 - 7+ years of dedicated Product Management experience in a Software technology business
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Comfortable making hard decisions using a blend of quantitative and qualitative inputs
• 4+ years of technical software development or cloud database experience
• 2+ years of field consulting or other relevant experience
• Deep understanding of Public Cloud Platforms such as AWS, Azure & GCP
• Deep understanding of Cloud Service market place
• Experience working in an agile product development environment
• Excellent project management and time management skills
• Recent experience in Design and Implementation of highly scalable, highly available, Enterprise SW or Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, DWaaS) services and solutions
This position is based in Teradata's research and development main campus in San Diego, CA. Teradata's employees enjoy beautiful facilities including a cafeteria, cafe, and gym on site. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then Teradata is the place for you. Come join us in helping the world’s largest organizations get the most out of their data and analytics at scale!
*Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Staff Product Manager, Cloud Services
Job Category: Product Management
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US