File System Software Engineer
Location: El Segundo, California US
Requisition Number: 206911
Position Title: Software Engineer (IIa)
Teradata File System team develops features for the Teradata Parallel Database File System.
- Responsible for all phases of the software development life cycle from software design through customer support for Teradata File System features and customer-reported problems.
- Independently analyze and enhance existing designs/implementations.
- Apply theoretical knowledge to software design, implementation, testing, documentation and support and maintenance activities as well as software packaging.
- Apply practical theoretical knowledge to evaluate technical solutions.
- Define work breakdowns and design of individual components. Black-box test design, development, and execution.
- Apply judgment based on the analysis of quantitative data and information.
- Screen, categorize and resolve data integrity issues.
- Contribute to the development of new algorithms or techniques.
- Contribute knowledge of emerging technologies to evaluate technical solutions.
- U.S. Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline or the foreign equivalent
- Coursework should include at minimum discrete mathematics, software engineering, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, and computer architecture and organization, or working knowledge/experience with subjects mentioned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Familiar with Unix(Linux) and Windows computing environment in a developer capacity.
- Strong C/C++ programming with an emphasis on C low-level data structures
- Advanced coursework in operating systems, file systems, parallel architecture, database, i/o systems, or similar technologies/disciplines
- Participated/completed projects, work experience, and research interest in the areas mentioned above.
- System software development for enterprise storage product with an emphasis on persistence data life cycle management
- Multi-user, multi-tasking server software internals development with an emphasis on concurrency and locking protocols
- Relational database application or internals development with a working knowledge of SQL
- Experienced in developing under Clearcase, Git, or similar source control products
- Software engineering processes, SDLC, and familiarity with Agile and Scrum.
- Effectively debug and work with low-level data structures (hex dumps of data structures in memory and on storage devices)
- Familiar with Software Development Life cycle and processes
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: El Segundo
Community / Marketing Title: File System Software Engineer
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: El Segundo, California US