Senior Storage Test Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 206898
Position Title: Test Engineer (III)
COME AND JOIN THE BIG DATA REVOLUTION
We are looking for a Sr Storage Test Engineer to work at our prestigious Teradata R&D Labs at Hyderabad to be part of Teradata’s DSA team.
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too, if you love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset, and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune we have more than 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world renowned database platform, Vantage
, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
Sounds appealing? Then, you belong with us – Teradata.
Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment… a place to brainstorm with the best data minds, engage customers and surprise yourself with what’s possible, every day.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in CSE/ECE/IT or any core engineering, with more than 10 years of test engineering experience.
Role & Responsibilities
- Own & drive backup and recovery, data migration, storage allocation, connectivity related testing.
- Analyze, plan, design, and implement various physical & virtual servers and storage architectures to meet business needs.
- Monitors operating system tasks, which includes memory and processor utilization
- Lead multiple complex and/or large technical projects to enhance, upgrade or introduce new infrastructure technology
- Own one or more technical areas (storage systems, backup systems), acting as the enterprise technical expert for these areas.
- Working experience in Agile Software Development with exposure to test driven development
- Passion for creating and improving processes with a commitment to customer satisfaction
- Testing experience in backup solutions or database and/or data analytics product releases
- Experience in working on UNIX/LINUX environment.
- Experience in performance testing, memory and CPU testing, RAM config.
- Good to have Veritas NetBackup, IBM Spectrum, & Dell Data domain knowledge.
- Experience in hardware characterization, OS understanding, Networking & Server maintenance will be an added advantage
- Good fundamentals in Software Engineering, software testing in storage/backup and restore solutions.
- Expertise on one or more scripting language.
- Storage device administration.
- Good Knowledge in Server level testing, Configuration of RAID, Hardware characterization.
- Storage domain knowledge is preferred.
- Cloud exposure is an advantage.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP and NTP
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Storage Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN