Senior Accountant - Technical Accounting
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 206888
Position Title: Accounting Specialist (IV)
This position requires a highly motivated individual to step into a key role within Teradata’s technical accounting group. The candidate will possess strong technical accounting skills balanced with in-depth knowledge of the requirements for SEC filings and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The position provides high visibility to senior executives at the Company and is a great opportunity for someone looking to take their career to the next level. The position reports directly to the Senior Manager of Technical Accounting.
- Determine the impact of new accounting pronouncements on reporting requirements and Teradata business practices.
- Must be able to apply a broad range of accounting knowledge to various accounting projects, especially relating to real estate, information technology and other infrastructure groups as well as to leasing arrangements (ASC842) and other complex areas of accounting. A variety of technical research tools will be available to assist with projects.
- Interface with external auditors and others on complex accounting issues
- Actively participate in the development of accounting and financial reporting policies
- Assist the external reporting group, including assistance with preparing supporting schedules, footnotes, Critical Accounting Policies, and other various sections of the 10-K and 10-Q.
- Oversee the company wide lease processes, including gathering and analyzing lease activity, recording lease activity journal entries, which includes both finance and operating leases, and GAAP reporting.
- Maintain knowledge and research complex accounting options for various leases and other accounting matters, in accordance with GAAP
- Support corporate and local accounting teams on lease accounting calculations as well as lease software related issues.
- Design, implement and maintain automated solutions for lease accounting processes and lead the development and maintenance of all lease accounting policies, processes and standard procedures for the organization
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance
- CPA highly preferred (can be near completion), MBA or other graduate degree is a plus
- 5+ years of related accounting experience, Big 4 experience preferred
- Excellent MS Excel capabilities, experience working with ERP accounting systems (preparing/reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations) is a plus
- Experience with Workiva and XBRL is beneficial
- Superior team player mentality with a hands-on and self-starter work ethic
- Solid communication skills with ability to create behavioral changes and influence decision making
- Comfortable working cross-functionally (departments and levels) within the organization
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Accountant - Technical Accounting
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US