Location: Tokyo, Tokyo JP
Requisition Number: 206884
Position Title: Accounting Specialist (III)
Accountant Job Tokyo
Teradata is looking to recruit an accountant of Controllership activities in Japan. This position will have primary responsibility of the day–to-day accounting and reporting functions for Teradata Japan. Also need to increase visibility in order to support growth agenda in business functions while ensuring internal business control and compliance. The role will report directly to Japan Controller and work closely with Shared Service and other Controllership in the Region.
Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of monthly accounting closes in accordance with corporate policies, internal control systems and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (USGAAP and JPGAAP) Also responsible for general business unit compliance with applicable corporate policies and internal control requirements, as well as creation and timely submission of monthly closing packages and other business unit financial analysis as needed. The position will also have support for all local statutory and tax compliances and filings to be done by the Controllership team in Japan in collaboration with the international tax group.
- Responsible for documenting and entering assigned journal entries into the general ledger and reconciling assigned accounts prior to the period close each month.
- Responsible for entering asset purchases in the asset management system, determining proper classification for book and tax calculations, and maintaining records of purchases, disposals, and adjustments.
- Responsible for documented and entering the intercompany transaction into the system and work under the corporate intercompany team and work closely with treasury team.
- Reconcile and post data from the month end closing.
- Support to reconcile bank accounts.
- Track prepaid and other asset amortization tables.
- Month end processing and general accounting:
- Monitor general ledger to ensure all activity has been properly posted by the shared service.
- Responsible for reviewing account reconciliations prepared by shared service, identifying errors and communicating with them recommendations.
- Required to identify business issues and process improvement opportunities, document facts, and prepare solutions and recommendations to the Manager - General Accounting.
- Responsible for key accounting processes and preparing management reports summarizing activity and findings.
- Required to interact with department heads to lead projects as the Finance representative, document progress and issues and communicates the project status with the Manager.
- Oversee payroll in Japan, coordinate with corporate/region payroll group to ensure all processes are standardized where applicable and Oversee accounting for retirement benefits.
- Acting as contact point to other financial outsourcing partners
Job Requirements, Education and Background
- Strong technical level of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP and JP GAAP),
- Bachelor's degree or International equivalent in accounting; MBA or CPA equivalent preferred
- Minimum of four or five years of experience in accounting experienced desired.
- Experience with an ERP system, preferably Oracle or similar software
- Shared service centre experience
- Working with multiple currencies and subsidiaries
- Good understanding of accounting and business practices found in Japan
- Team Player must have ability cross group and cross country boundaries.
- Multi linguistic in English and Japanese
Community / Marketing Title: Accountant
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP