Cloud Database Test Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206861
Position Title: Test Engineer (III)
- Responsible for testing new features, leveraging agile and continuous delivery methodologies
- Help with functional and performance analysis of code defects and correction of defects
- Isolate problems and aid in debugging
- Performance test specific code areas
- Review design specs
- Write test specifications mapping tests to technical requirements
- Contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) by designing and implementing complex features for the product.
- Help perform competitive analysis of other database management systems, other data integration solutions.
- 2+ years of experience testing enterprise software
- Experience with Test Automation is required
- Experience with Jenkins is highly preferred
- Experience with Ansible is a preferred
- Experience with Python is highly preferred
- Experience with SQL and database internals
- Exposure to testing software in cloud environments
- Knowledge of other Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark is a plus
- Strong analytical abilities involving complex software in a parallel processing environment
- Working knowledge of LINUX/UNIX operating systems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Skills in the following areas is preferred:
- 2+ years of Teradata experience
- Query Grid
- DB Performance
- Teradata File system
- Cloud Eco-System / APIs
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Database Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US