Technical Expert – Customer Success
Location: St. Louis, Missouri US
Requisition Number: 206845
Position Title: Technical & Product Training Specialist V
Technical Expert – Customer Success
Location: Americas – Virtual
Job Category: Customer Success
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Position Overview – Technical Expert
Our Technical Experts are highly respected for their knowledge, skills and empathy to meet our customers’ business challenges through the use of data and analytics at scale. And as our customers rank among the best and largest in their industry, including leading financial institutions, manufacturers, telcos, retailers, airlines, major government entities and others, this respect is hard earned. We believe the best way to achieve high value outcomes for our customers is to foster a community of people who love data and the world changing possibilities that analytics can provide.
As the Technical Expert supporting our growing customer success organization you will work closely with our global customer education team, customer success managers, and our customers to ensure our customers are equipped with the materials and programs they need to drive value from their Teradata Vantage environment. You will partner with product development, technical training and peers in customer success to successfully enable our customer obsessed vision and drive consumption of Teradata.
You’ll be part of a team that loves to learn and uncover the best ways to help educate our customers on their analytical solutions and assist them in getting the most value out of their investment in Teradata.
You are a good communicator, with an ability to see both the widescreen and the close-up of how technology provides solutions and opportunities for our customers. And when we say communicate, we mean you’ll be talking with everyone from the DBA to senior executives; comfortable and confident that you’ll deliver the best possible education and support for our customers. You will also keep up with our competitors’ capabilities, because our customer needs confidence in your understanding of their data challenges.
You will be smart and adaptive, with a great attitude and focused on helping our customers understand how analytics and our Vantage platform provide successful solutions to their business challenges. You will be a knowledge seeker, constantly searching and collaborating with colleagues, customers and partners. As a Technical Expert, you will thrive in a team, working closely with our Customer Education Consultants, Customer Success Managers, Account Executives and the extended support organization.
So, if your passion for real, deliverable solutions to some of the biggest data challenges in the world matches ours, and what we’ve said appeals to your sense of adventure, come and work for us.
What you will be doing….
- Leverage Teradata expertise in data warehouse technology/architecture, data management, analytics, and other areas related to Teradata’s solution offerings to support customer inquiries as part of our education offerings
- Contribute to education requirements for new courses or offerings
- Work as a trusted advisor with customer’s decision-makers by establishing credibility
- Assist with education scoping requirements to meet customer specific requests and needs
- Inspire confidence in Teradata software through your professionalism and expertise
- Serve as liaison for customer education with product development and technical training development to ensure external training is defined and available as products are released including migration needs
- Review new education offerings, working with course developers
- Conduct training and presentations on Teradata solutions through effective communication and consultative dialogue
- Support our new Customer Success Managers through a Teradata Help Line
- Develop, cultivate and promote targeted resources to drive education and awareness campaigns
- Deliver customer education on key high-value features and functionality across the complete set of Teradata Solutions
What skills are needed for ideal candidates
- Passionate and enthusiastic about data, analytics, and Teradata – after all, we are…
- 10+ years hands on Teradata implementation experience with current Teradata certification credentials (Teradata 14 or Vantage MASTER preferred)
- Clear, confident and persuasive communicator with the ability to address questions across a variety of industry use cases and environments
- Possess expert point of view on how to drive feature/analytical function adoption to drive business value
- Have a keen interest and understanding of developments in the data and analytics technology (AI machine learning) world
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a remote team, driving successful outcomes
- Comfortable in an agile, fast-paced, changing environment with an excellent ability to multi-task and juggle priorities
- Possess strong analytics and problem-solving skills
The TECHNICAL EXPERT will work from a virtual (home) office with limited time onsite with customer(s). 15%+ travel is required. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Expert – Customer Success
Job Category: Sales
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
Location_formattedLocationLong: St. Louis, Missouri US