Technical Product Management Intern
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 206825
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (II)
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June 2020 and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
You will be part of the Vantage Analytics Product Management team responsible to shape the next generation big data Analytics for Teradata customers. Our team is focused on customer obsession and driving the best in class, customer experience for big data Analytics through Vantage.
Our vision is to provide a unified, integrated environment that delivers the best business analytic functions and engines at scale. We create experiences that reinforce our Teradata Vantage brand of transforming data into "answers" by delighting and wowing our customers.
Within the Vantage product management team, the Product Manager builds relationships with business partners to understand their needs and identify where data products stand to address problems and unlock value. This role is will enable learning for establishing partnerships, identifying impactful opportunities for the application of data science capabilities, and setting the vision and strategy for implementing these capabilities as a data product. The individual will help with scoping, prioritizing product delivery; including managing feature definition, changes and enhancements, identifying new implementation opportunities. This involves working with subject matter experts to gain a comprehensive understanding of business priorities and needs, documenting current state processes, that align to strategic objectives and learn to develop measurable ways to use the product(s) and data to drive business decision making.
We require analytical minds to craft and analyze key performance indicators to track value and usage to drive development strategy and prioritization. The expectation of the Product Manager Intern – Vantage Analytics includes being comfortable navigating ambiguity, adept at problem-solving, effective at communicating, and strong at critical and analytical thinking.
- Work with the cross-functional product team on creating and measuring value, defining business goals, GTM analysis, margin analysis.
- Dive deep into business processes with the goal of improvement and driving change with data
- Engage with all levels across the enterprise
- Serve as a conduit of knowledge between functional and technical teams
- Communicate regularly with individuals both within and outside of our team
- Navigate ambiguity to deliver results
- Define metrics to quantify value and ideate to find new ways of delivering value with the product
- Develop plans for continuous service to support the implementation of products
What great looks like in this role
- The Data Science team within the Enterprise Technology Experience organization builds capabilities around data management/analytics, visualization, process refinement and evolution, predictive analytics, with advanced statistical analysis. We do this with product-based work in small, high caliber teams utilizing cutting edge technologies.
- The team is comprised of a combination of data scientists, data engineers, product owners, and product managers. Culturally, we look for individuals with a strong inclination for learning and from a variety of backgrounds who challenge each other openly, regardless of level or role on the team.
- We operate using conceptual thinking, logic, and data-driven analysis. We embrace diversity in all of its forms, require respect, expect consistent delivery of high-quality products and look to have fun.
Objectives of this role:
- To bring Business and Product Management learnings and execute on complex projects
- Provide Sr. Leadership with a clear view of project status, risks and issues to meeting timelines and goal
Must be enrolled in BS/MS/PhD degree program. With graduation dates between December 2020-June 2022.
- Bachelors Degree preferably in Business/Finance or an analytical field such as Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science
- Experience or complex, cross-functional, strategic based project experience.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to influence other
- Masters Degree Preferred
- Experience in working in an agile work environment, with Jira and Confluence preferred
- Experience building, utilizing, or maintaining an enterprise data asset preferred
- Skilled in applying judgment to balance process compliance with the achievement of business objectives
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to assess a project's scope and the team's ability to execute
- Outcome-oriented with the ability to drill down from the big picture to process details
- Ability to communicate objectives, plans, status and results clearly
- Strong leadership skills and influencer
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Product Management Intern
Job Category: Product Management
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US