Senior Administrator, ServiceNow
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206817
Position Title: Network Engineer (IV)
Be a part of the implementation and support of ServiceNow as Teradata advances its IT and clients support operations to better serve our internal customers. This position will support and administer ServiceNow during and after the implementation and work with cross-functional teams to ensure ServiceNow is assisting our teams to improve performance while also being responsible for maintaining the stability and usability of the ServiceNow platform. This position supports the development, maintenance and improvement of core ITSM/CSM/ITBM/ITOM processes, through the configuration and development of ServiceNow. This role will interact closely with the ServiceNow team to understand customer and stakeholder requirements for key activities, to ensure alignment with all initiatives, and drive continuous process improvement. This position will also contribute to the development and automation of other processes outside of ITSM.
- Identify opportunities to leverage automation to improve solution effectiveness
- Assists in the review, design, and improvement of ServiceNow processes and procedures for the effective management and adherence of ServiceNow process areas.
- Manages and resolves incidents against ServiceNow applications
- Analyzes IT business and technical problems, designing, coding, testing, maintaining, supporting, documenting and installing solutions.
- Manages Update Set creation and migration
- Plans ServiceNow upgrades and execution
- Manages ServiceNow instance security
- Trains IT personnel to ServiceNow processes and tools
- Communicates process standards to ensure understanding and consistency
- Works closely with Analysts to understand business stakeholder environment and collect requirements
- Performs routine maintenance to include performance monitoring and error identification/remediation
- Responsible for identifying problems, researching solutions, reconfiguring or recoding system to improve system functionality.
- Operates and provides day-to-day administration of the ServiceNow, following defined processes
- Focuses on KPI measurement, providing a means for gathering and reporting on data
- Assists in the development and implementation of improvements to the processes and the tools that support them
- Audits Change Requests, Service Requests, Incidents and other tool generated tickets to ensure compliancy and accuracy
- Creates and maintains Catalog items
- Generates periodic and Ad-Hoc reports from ServiceNow regarding status of ITSM performance indicators
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Computer Engineering; or Associate Degree and equivalent work experience 2-5 years of overall ServiceNow system administration experience including design, development, and implementation
- Prior ServiceNow technical knowledge and strong platform architecture understanding, with ServiceNow Certified System Administrator certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience interacting with customers at multiple levels as well as the ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously, and in a timely manner
- Proven experience working across functional areas and driving continuous improvement
- Strong self-motivation, attention to detail, accuracy and accountability
- Must have thorough understanding of ITIL/ITSM processes In-depth understanding of ServiceNow functionality and how ITIL processes can be implemented in ServiceNow
- Experience with Active Directory, LDAP, MID and SSO in an administrative capacity
- Bachelors Degree. Business, MIS, or equivalent experience
- Both on premise and cloud operations experience
- ITIL certifications is a plus.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Administrator, ServiceNow
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US