APAC SEM Services Management Officer
Location: Powai Mumbai, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 206798
Position Title: Financial Planning & Analyst (II)
Role:- APAC SEM Services Management Officer
The APAC SEM SMO position will act as the main contact point in supporting the Services Experience Managers within APAC, Providing Guidance and Training for SEMs on PSA process/Project Budget management/Margin maintenance; Ensuring the accuracy of Project financial management requirement; the integrity of PSA system record and compliance to Corporate Management and Governance policies. Specific responsibilities and areas focus are:
Provide guidance to SEMs/SAMs:
- Teach how to do billings
- How to handle billing questions from a client or fix an invoice
- Recommend Change Orders when needed
- Share the knowledge on how to review the Project GM and identifying why margins are dropping
- Help SEM to maintain Project monthly P&L and ensure them understand how to run P&L correctly.
- Help secure Risk requests if needed
- Teach how to run reports for projects
- Facilitate corporate policy changes
- Provide training/support for Financial Force
Project Audit, Analysis and Setup
- Assist SEMs to get the project set up in PSA on the timely basis
- Evaluate open engagements and opportunities for irregularities and help resolve the issues
- Ensure PSA compliance with corporate guidelines concerning engagement and project set-up.
- Review/revisit budgets for PSA projects in conjunction with SEMs on the regular basis.
- Weekly review PSA activity report to identify any issues of the project margins
- Assist in the creation of Work@Risks for new projects that don’t have contractual signatures
- Assist in creation of Essential Success Services projects
- Work through backlog and WIP reports and resolve issues, such as incorrect project setup, WIP write offs, close finished projects
- Work with Bus Ops and F&A to ensure charges to GL are correct and aligned properly.
- Work with SEM /Project Managers (PM)/FinOps to ensure billings are invoiced monthly.
- Work with SEM, PMs, FinOps and customers to resolve customer reconciliation issues for disputed invoices for timely resolution and payment.
- Track orders and ensure backlog matches monthly revenue outlook
- Send weekly compliance reports and weekly missing time report
- Backlog reports for cancellation or requests for extensions
- Ad Hoc report as requested
- Work with SEM/RM to provide Cost OL on monthly basis, and review/comment the Variance between Actual vs. OL
- Administration of project management framework, processes, and tools
- Assist with scope management, planning, resource management, work distribution, governance and control, schedule management, budget management, SLA management and reporting appropriate metrics
- Ensuring clear communication for each project’s financial management
- Develop, deliver and maintain financial status reporting
- Monitor contractual renewals and financial management activities like invoicing against milestones, costing sheets and SOWs
- Teams Understand the SOW deliverables and leveraging best practices to deliver within margin
- Assist and advise leaders, managers, and to the best use of project management disciplines and approaches within a fast-paced, high tech environment
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently and as part of a group
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines
- Knowledge of Project Management
City: Powai Mumbai
Community / Marketing Title: APAC SEM Services Management Officer
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Powai Mumbai, Maharashtra IN