Customers for Life (CFL) Geo Director
Location: San Francisco, California US
Requisition Number: 206758
Position Title: Senior Manager, Services Account Manager
Customers for Life (CFL) Geo Director
The Customers for Life (CFL) Geo Director is a senior level sales position with direct management responsibility of Services Account Managers and Renewal Managers, who collectively make up the Customers for Life team. The position is responsible for end to end execution of the renewal lifecycle along with accelerating customer consumption, maturation, and growth of Teradata products by leveraging in-depth knowledge of our customers’ ecosystems and business needs.
In addition to managing a team of Services Account Managers and Renewal Managers, the CFL Geo Director will need to optimize these resources across multiple Account Teams and business development opportunities. The CFL Geo Director must have demonstrated successful sales skills involving growing consumption, maturing sales territories, and impacting growth of product lines within customer environments. Expert knowledge of Teradata products and services, open source and 3rd party products within exposure and cross-industry insight is required. This role requires all the standard skills that a presales and renewal professional possess around developing/building out product lines within a customer’s ecosystem along with being responsible for managing and mentoring the CFL Team to be successful in supporting the sales efforts across a wide range of customer sales and renewal requirements.
Key Management Responsibilities
- Reports to a Regional Customers for Life leader and is responsible for a geographic area of that region and its customer base
- Owns the direct reporting relationship of the CFL team providing direction of their time and account activities
- Drives CFL team resource optimization through collaborative decision making on what are the high impact opportunities to focus on
- Acts as a central point of contact and coordinator for HR/Staffing and other organizations involved in the recruitment, interviewing and on-boarding of new CFL team member candidates
- Supports all team members through mentoring, knowledge transfer, task prioritization, and internal networking as necessary
- Participates and supports executive level meetings with Account team leaders and Sales/Consulting Leadership as necessary
- Directs the CFL team based on priorities set by the Sales Leadership team and account plans
- Operates as “player/coach” with a focus on leading, guiding and leveraging talent to maximize renewal and sales success
- Responsible for the development and management of formal development plans for all team members
- Manage and approve CFL team Travel and Entertainment expenses
- Conducts Performance Reviews, and periodic reviews when necessary
Key Technical Responsibilities
- Responsible for the following but is not limited to:
- Setting, directing, and executing winning renewal and sales strategies in their area
- Drive execution of demand creation that leads to new accounts and increased revenue within their install base
- Develop and deploy effective revenue and Customer retention strategies for outlooked cancellations and erosions
- Assign territories and accounts to team members to maximize potential results
- Manage the sales funnel and the line of sight, budget and expense control
- Accurately forecast business results/outlook
- Manages, fosters and grows relationships at the executive level with high visibility, key clients in their area
- Develops and builds business plan for the area, providing focus in the development of capabilities, including recruiting, time investment decisions, pricing strategies, and team member coaching/ professional development.
- Collaborates on Services strategies that are relevant to Teradata prospects and allows the organization to evolve ahead of changes in business conditions.
- Facilitates a work environment that enables the recruitment, development and retention of top talent as a means to drive revenue growth and increased profitability.
- Demonstrating and utilizing knowledge of addressing business problems of customer challenges across multiple industries and leveraging such knowledge to up level collective team
- Ability to articulate and positioning Teradata’s solutions to solve business problems, by leveraging the complete portfolio of Teradata products, applications, services and offers.
- Being a trusted advisor to the customer’s key decision-makers by establishing credibility and expertise in analytical ecosystem architecture and other areas related to Teradata’s solution offerings.
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in a business or technical discipline and has significant experience leading multi-functional teams.
- Minimum of ten years of general management experience and 5 years of sales management experience (training/development/performance management of sales/consulting/services team)
- Minimum of eight years of field-based account experience.
- Demonstrated success in managing large account relationships and developing new account opportunities
- Demonstrated success in managing a successful business and P&L supported by a track record of accomplishments.
- Hands-on management experience in a number of disciplines such as software development, information technology and systems development, marketing and sales, operations, financial management, with proven ability to integrate plans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Customers for Life (CFL) Geo Director
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Francisco, California US