Social Media Intern
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206744
Position Title: Intern-Marketing (I)
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
Overview: Teradata’s social media team is seeking a marketing student to join our social media team as a social media intern. This position will work closely with our San Diego based social team and will allow the student to gain experience in developing strategic materials, understanding social listening, employee advocacy, social selling, and go-to-market and social media strategies.
The social media team at Teradata is responsible for global social media content creation, employee advocacy, social media listening, social media marketing and tracking relevant KPI’s tying social media to the overall business goals and brand awareness. This position will provide the opportunity for the student to earn experience in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and learn valuable skills including how to drive meaningful growth on social media platforms and how to interpret social data into storytelling for business organizations.
Responsibilities: The social media intern will be responsible for supporting the social media manager with day-to-day social tasks across platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. Additional responsibilities include:
- Independent Project Opportunity: Community Management Process
- Competitive messaging research
- A/B content testing
- Content Replies and Recommendations
- Creative concepting and opportunity for collaboration with Creative team
- Content posting ideas / strategy
- Third party content curation
- Opportunity to generate ideas for social event creation, posting, video uploads, user engagement
- Opportunity for Instagram content development including stories and sponsored stories and campaigns
- You Tube- SEO keyword Optimization (cross-team potential)
- Social Media Advocacy content and sharing
- Research on reporting metrics
- Video uploads on YouTube
- Marketing Presentations
- internal presentations and speaking opportunities
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about and already engaged deeply in social media, with a strong interest in tech, and B2B social media customer marketing as well as social data analysis and reporting. This candidate needs to be a creative thinker and problem solver and comfortable writing content.
- Must be enrolled in BA degree program. Marketing major or equivalent. With graduation dates between December 2020-June 2022.
- A clear understanding of modern social media platforms.
- Knowledge of modern marketing approaches.
- Experience using LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Other social media platform experiences welcome.
- Understanding of how social listening works.
- Experience writing, editing, crafting content for social media.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Social Media Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US