Global Program Director - Distributors and Resellers
Location: Los Angeles, California US
Requisition Number: 206685
Position Title: Director, Client Relationship Management
Global Program Director - Distributors and Resellers
Teradata is investing to grow our market coverage through indirect channels including expanding our go to market capabilities through Resellers and Distributors. Teradata is looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to develop, grow and manage Teradata’s Global Distributor and Reseller Program.
The candidate for this role will be responsible for developing and owning the overall Program for Distributors and Resellers including program development and management, contract management, global commercial models and standards, global funnel management, quarterly reporting, global governance and collaborating with Sales Operations and the Sales regions (America’s, EMEA and APJ) to develop and execute the strategy for the territories and onboard new partners to meet the region’s needs. This position requires a high energy individual that can manage multiple touch points and create strong relationships across the organization and work collaboratively to support the success of our business within Teradata and the Channel.
Applicants should have a proven track record in channel & partnership management as well as program management. Cross functional collaboration and management will be a key aspect of this role. This individual will be required to work across many different organizations including Sales regions, operations, legal, ethics and compliance, risk management and regional partner teams in support of the overall program, drive guidance and oversight and work with the local partner teams to identify new partners and onboard them into the program.
The applicant will develop presentations and materials, support sales calls and maintain up to date best practices on partnership. The role will require exceptional strategy and interpersonal skills, strong technical skills, and a deep understanding of Teradata strategies and business model.
- Drive the increased adoption of Teradata solutions with partners in a sell through capacity ; facilitate communication, enablement and resource alignment to accelerate growth.
- Create, develop and execute functional or sector specific initiatives and offers in line with partner and Teradata strategic objectives.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Partner’s business objectives and effectively communicate and align with Teradata to drive incremental growth.
- Develop strong relations and advocates with key decision makers on the partner side, and their ecosystem, as well as internally in Teradata to support growth of our business.
- Identify new business opportunities with or through partners, develop plans for how Teradata can leverage these and gain agreement with requisite stakeholders on execution.
- Develop presentations and materials to support sales with and through partner.
- Support sales calls where partner is involved by maintain up to date best practices on partnership
- Achievement of MBO’s associated with driving revenue and new account development and related activities.
- A bachelor’s degree (graduate degree a plus) as well as 10 years’ experience in managing complex relationships with one or more of the following skills:
- A strong understanding of and practical experience in partner management specifically within high-tech at both a strategic, tactical and operational level.
- Strategy, business planning formulation and execution experience, with measurable results.
- Experience managing complex relationships across multiple organizations, levels and disciplines.
- Ability to manage a complex selling environment where objectives between the Partner and Teradata may not always be aligned.
- High degree of executive presence; proven ability and experience to operate effectively at senior management and C-executive levels.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain trust and credibility
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to deliver effective diplomatic communications as well as handle sensitive information and materials in a confidential manner
- Technical background in databases, enterprise software, and current knowledge of Teradata solutions is recommended.
- Passion to win, entrepreneurial, high energy, responsive, and results-driven self-starter
- Ability to deal well with change and be a team player, builder, and leader.
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English;
The successful candidate will report directly to the Vice President of Global Partnerships. The successful candidate will work from a Teradata facility or virtual and will be expected to travel on business (25-40% travel)
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Global Program Director - Distributors and Resellers
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Los Angeles, California US