Software Engineer (2 Open Positions)
Location: Tijuana, Mexico MX
Requisition Number: 206682
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Service Analytics Software Engineer
Location: Tijuana, BC, Mexico (Zona Rio)
The Teradata Global Support Organization is going to modernize customer support and we need the best Software Engineers to make this goal a reality.
In this role, you will be working within the Teradata Service Analytics team. This team is dedicated to automating customer support and transforming customer support from reactive to proactive by leveraging data and analytics.
Our vision is to optimize Customer’s Teradata solution performance and availability, through automated analytics-driven predictive/proactive issue resolution while enabling Customer self-service. Specifically, to develop an analytics software system for customer support, which will
- Utilize data and analytics to predict Customer operational issues
- Proactively provide solutions to avoid impact to Customer operations
- Enable Customers to quickly and easily resolve their own problems
- Assist Customer Support Associates to quickly resolve customer issues
You will work in collaboration with other members including data scientists and data engineers to research, design, implement, test, maintain and document solutions for predictive analytics for automated, near real-time decision making on data and problems. You will handle massive datasets, which includes working with data engineers to determine what data management systems are appropriate, working with data engineers on developing solutions to data integration and cleansing, and working with data scientists to transition analytical algorithms along and data infrastructure into an operational service analytics system. You will also help set up enterprise-class development and testing tools to enable quick development and deployment of high-quality software.
- Current/Valid US B1 Visa or the ability to obtain as a condition of employment
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science
- 3+ years of experience with Python and Java programming language gained through a combination of academic studies and work experience
- Experience with SQL, Databases, and data integration technologies
- Experience working with large-scale, complex software in a parallel processing environment
- Extensive working knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Solid experience with source code/configuration management, automated continuous integration, build and deployment process and tools - GitHub, Gradle, Jenkins, Ansible, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate on an interdisciplinary team to solve problems
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity and a passion for developing analytics software for solving real-world challenges
- Experience in working with data scientists on building data analytical systems for integrating, processing and analyzing data (structured and unstructured), especially in the field of medical diagnosis, enterprise operations, customer support, etc.
- Demonstrable skills in creative-problem-solving of complex and advanced technical subject matter
- Desire to learn how to build enterprise-class software with quality and speed
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer (2 Open Positions)
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tijuana, Mexico MX