Teradata VM Practice Lead
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206681
Position Title: Senior Manager, Technology Consulting
Location: San Diego, CA or Virtual, US
The Teradata VM Practice Lead is responsible for leading a center of expertise (COE) driving the evolution, innovation, delivery effectiveness and ongoing support of TDVM related services and service delivery. The individual will provide technical leadership to a diverse global team with multiple reporting relationships– defining, developing and evolving service delivery strategies to ensure alignment with Managed Services and company direction. As a thought-leader and overall TDVM SME, the Global COE Lead will work with senior leadership in various organizations to recommend global direction and oversight for TDVM related capability development. Using in-depth business and technical experience, the individual sets long-term strategies for the Center of Expertise and executes these strategies across a multi-region organization while managing the health of the overall TDVM delivery function - financial, utilization, staff development, quality of delivery, asset and tool enablement and development. The Global COE Lead works with internal organizations, such as R&D, Product Management and Service Development and Automation to ensure that new feature functionality and product direction is appropriately represented in service delivery capability. All aspects of global engagement pre-sales/demand creation including engagement scoping, customer presentations, planning and delivery coordination with customers will be supported.
What You'll Do
- Define, evolve and execute long-term global TDVM COE strategies. Ensure alignment with overall company and regional strategies to drive optimal results. Works with the senior leadership team to define and execute against an ever-changing business landscape.
- Drive TDVM Solution Innovation & Promotion - internal communication and deployment, support external awareness activities
- Direct and oversee global capability and tools development
- Ensure overall health of global COE - financial, utilization, staff development, quality of delivery, asset development & sharing, offer uptake and demand & backlog management
- Lead regional SME’s – provides thought leadership to regional SME’s and technical support to resources from various organizations involved in TDVM implementation through life cycle support, and interfaces with Regional Management to ensure effective utilization of COE resources and expected customer results
- Accountable for regional and global MS TDVM plan and results to plan, and key performance metrics
- Work with internal CS&S SD&A organization to ensure new feature functionality and product direction is appropriately represented in service delivery capability
- Serve as a thought leader and applies in-depth business acumen and professional experience to differentiate services and solutions from the competition
- Anticipate and plan for changing needs based the business volume and provides direction to the Regions on building practice capability and capacity, working through Region CS&S management to enable hiring/assignment and ramp-up of new COE associates
- Act as an SME/individual contributor in high profile, complex TDVM solution offerings and implementation projects requiring the highest level of expertise to engage, mentoring more junior resources into TDVM solution experts and trusted advisors
Responsibilities Across Multiple Organizations
Product Management and Technology and Innovation Office – collaborate on VMWare product direction and adoption of VMWare feature set (HA, vMotion, performance tuning) into Teradata. Review and provide input where needed on specifications, offering details, testing, and documentation. Provide customer feedback from the field on TDVM product effectiveness and performance based on direct interaction and field experiences. Provide feedback on customer required use cases and reference architecture needs.
Software Engineering & Product Development – collaborate on TDVM positioning and marketing, and feature requirements to drive expected and best customer result. Advise as VMWare expert on Network, Storage, Compute and Performance optimization areas of expertise, and deployment of customization and script automation. Maintain and share knowledge around the introduction of new VMware features and functionality.
Global Support Organization – Provide VMWare expertise as it relates to TDVM deployments globally. Act as L3 SME/collaborator to fill VMware knowledge gaps and understanding when required to support customer incident resolution.
Customer Support & Services Go-To-Market – Support account teams in selling more Teradata subscriptions and service offerings around TDVM. Interact with customer VMWare teams before, during and after deployments. Create strong technical/personal relationships with stakeholders, technical teams and account teams. Create TD credibility by answering technical questions, anticipating customer needs and concerns in advance. Advise on new use cases and reference architecture needs that allow more standardized selling approaches.
Teradata Internal IT – Work with TD internal VMWare team for sizing of lab servers, knowledge specific to TDVM products and needs. Participate in discussions of VMWare and datacenter technologies and future planning for VMWare at Teradata.
Qualifications/Skills and Experience
- Proven Practice/COE Leadership skills & experience
- 15+ years of relevant experience with VMWare solutions - knowledge of VMWare use cases, reference architectures, VMWare internals, network, compute and storage requirements, configuration, and performance
- Comprehensive communication skills for discussions and negotiations at senior leadership level
- Strong personal and organizational process development and execution. Ability to lead, plan, and manage competing complex projects in a matrix management environment
- Cultural awareness
- Leads Change: Knows how to meet diverse challenges and manage resistance to change initiatives
- Facilitates & Fosters Collaboration: Engages others and gains participation in collaborative efforts
- Produces Results: Drives the execution of results both technically and business-wise
Additional Technical Skills and Experience
- Implementation Approaches: Experience with different approaches for implementation and life cycle support including aaS
- DW and Hadoop/Open-Source Technologies: Experience building data warehouse, data mart, big data, and analytics solutions leveraging relational and non-relational technologies, with high focus on enabling Teradata Database efficiency & performance
- Strong knowledge of networking and data center operations
- Performance Management: Experience analyzing and recommending actions in the area of Teradata platform Workload Management, Performance Tuning and Capacity Planning
- Proven experience in rapidly diagnosing product, feature, and performance-related issues on major customer systems and planning for mitigation strategies/actions
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related business degree
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Teradata VM Practice Lead
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US