Cloud Development Support Engineer
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 206634
Position Title: Cloud Services Engineer (III)
Cloud Development Support Engineer
About the role:
Teradata, a leading data analytics company, is currently looking to hire experienced Cloud Development / Application Support Engineers in various grades to be part of our growing Cloud Engineering and Services team in Pune, India.
Cloud Engineering and Services Group at Teradata, is designed to accelerate cloud adoption amongst our on-premise customers, it simplifies provisioning, deployment, migration, and management using automation and intuitive user experience. It provides ongoing management of the Teradata products and services on cloud (across different providers). It automates common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full-lifecycle services to provision, run, and support our customer’s data.
This role will be responsible for the management, monitoring and operation of our services in production. It will also be responsible to deliver key enhancements, defect-fixes and development of services core to operational aspects.
They will not only work on a broad spectrum of technical issues but may also get involved in partnering with customer teams in developing PoCs, working with core engineering teams on sustaining and enhancing the services on complex issues work with overall cloud leadership team on process improvement and operational efficiencies.
Responsibilities of this role includes:
- Primary contact to Level-1 / Level-2 teams in supporting our production environment, deploying Teradata data management products into Cloud (AWS, Azure and GCP), using Cloud Services.
- Supporting and operating high availability cloud services on production and provide critical development, QA, and Production cloud environments.
- Provision, monitor and operate customers instances of our cloud solutions
- Automate the delivery, maintenance and monitoring the services.
- Perform incident/alert troubleshooting, problem analysis and provide high quality solutions to technical issues
- Ensure patching of the products on the cloud.
- Manage RCA, Incident Process, and Risk Analysis of the cloud services
- Provide proactive support on critical issues, including liaison with customers, business users, system users.
- Take ownership and resolve the issues related to production environment within expected by SLA time frames.
- Provide defect fixes and enhancements to the cloud services to enable faster, deployment and complement development team in addressing customer needs.
- Working with product teams to coordinate the demands on each functional team on technical operations side.
- Ability to improve development processes to create better systems - and to bring all teams on board on these principles
- Take part of and drive global team projects.
Experience and Skills desired for this role:
- 4-8 years of enterprise software development or product sustaining engineering or operations
- Last 4 years of experience in managing Cloud operation production environment.
- Advanced understanding of developing and supporting highly available infrastructures in a cloud services environment, with either Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Deep understanding of cloud concepts (regions, zones, VMs, containers, VPC, tenants, authentication/security, logging, RDS, shared model etc).
- Exposure to developing Microservices architecture using RESTful Services, Ansible Scripts
- Expertise with IP networking principles, DNS, certificate management, routing and load balancing
- Experience with Linux and/or Windows Operating Systems
- Proficiency in at least one of the following Cloud Platforms is required:
- Microsoft Azure stack
- Experience in implementing using Azure Serverless and PaaS services like Durable Functions, web sites, web/worker roles, storage blob.
- Experience in implementing, debugging & troubleshooting enterprise applications using Azure platform services, like Azure app service, Azure SQL, Microservices
- Prior experience on Microsoft Azure & Azure Active Directory, Rest API
- Amazon AWS Platform
- Designing solutions using one or more AWS features, tools, and technologies such as EC2, S3, ELB, CloudFormation, Lambada, CloudWatch, VPC, Direct Connect, AWS CLI, REST API
- Expertise towards integration with AWS Trusted Advisor, AWS Config, AWS Security Hub, and AWS Control Tower
- Proficiency is also expected in at least one of the following layer is required:
- Backend Service Layer - Java, Node.js, JSON, Python or Go (Web Framework, Serverless etc)
- Automation and Delivery Layer – CI / CD Pipeline buildout, tooling, and techniques (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, git; Jenkins, Artifactory, Terraform, Ansible, AWS, ELK)
- Knowledge of scalability levers in high volume, low latency transactional systems
- Proficiency with SQL, relational data modelling, and basic database schema design
- Attention to detail – track record of authoring high quality documentation
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients
- Be flexible to learn and work on new technologies
- Amazon AWS / Microsoft Azure Google Cloud platform related certifications is a plus
- Prior experience in performing or participating in compliance and security audits is a plus
- Prior experience in defining, configuring, and implementing disaster recovery process is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality results with attention to details
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Development Support Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN