Senior Cloud Engineer
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 206631
Position Title: Cloud Services Engineer (III)
Cloud Development / Applications Engineer
About the role:
Teradata, a leading data analytics company, is currently looking to hire experienced Cloud Development / Applications Engineers in various grades to be part of our growing Cloud Engineering and Services team in Pune, India.
Cloud Engineering and Services Group at Teradata, is designed to accelerate cloud adoption amongst our on-premise customers, it simplifies provisioning, deployment, migration, and management using automation and intuitive user experience. It provides ongoing management of the Teradata products and services on cloud (across different providers). It automates common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full-lifecycle services to provision, run, and support our customer’s data.
Teradata is looking for experienced Cloud Engineers who possess a balance of technical proficiency, functional domain knowledge, with strong communication skills. They will work closely with other team members to implement cloud solutions / services. It will be covering all stages and tasks within the entire development cycle of a cloud application / service. They may also participate in solution building for moving existing services and remodel it in native cloud architecture.
Responsibilities of this role includes:
- Accountable for the design, development and deployment of features, enhancements, bug-fix, applications and services for the Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon AWS Platform and/or Google Cloud Platform.
- Develop, debug code, and write unit and end-to-end test cases
- Participate in team Scrum meetings, and interact with various stakeholders
- Support deployment of new features into production with zero platform downtime and no impact to end customers that are currently processing
- Maintain the level of reliability required from a high-volume, high-availability platform
- Analyse and solve (complex) issues in existing and new code.
- Work with all development process contributors, e.g. Product Owners, Architects, Scrum Masters, Developers, and DevOps to establish and execute a flawless development process
- Deliver first class results, by handling your tasks with enthusiasm and personal commitment.
- Build future-proof products using state of the art technologies
- Apply Agile Software Engineering principles and DevOps model for continuous delivery
- Ensure lifecycle management consists of documentation such as test cases, source code repositories etc are actively used and maintained
Experience and Skills desired for this role:
- Advanced understanding of developing highly available infrastructures in a cloud services environment, with either Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Deep understanding of cloud concepts (regions, zones, VMs, containers, VPC, tenants, authentication/security, logging, RDS, shared model etc).
- Experience on developing Microservices architecture using RESTful Services, Ansible Scripts
- Expertise with IP networking principles, DNS, certificate management, routing and load balancing
- Experience with Linux and/or Windows Operating Systems
- Proficiency in at least one of the following Cloud Platforms is required:
- Microsoft Azure Stack
- Experience in implementing using Azure Serverless and PaaS services like Durable Functions, web sites, web/worker roles, storage blob.
- Experience in implementing, debugging & troubleshooting enterprise applications using Azure platform services, like Azure app service, Azure SQL, Microservices
- Prior experience on Microsoft Azure & Azure Active Directory, Rest API
- Amazon AWS Stack
- Designing solutions using one or more AWS features, tools, and technologies such as EC2, S3, ELB, CloudFormation, Lambada, CloudWatch, VPC, Direct Connect, AWS CLI, REST API
- Integration with AWS Trusted Advisor, AWS Config, AWS Security Hub, and AWS Control Tower
- Proficiency is also expected in at least one of the following layer is required:
- Backend Service Layer - Java, Node.js, JSON, Python or Go (Web Framework, Serverless etc)
- Automation and Delivery Layer – CI / CD Pipeline buildout, tooling, and techniques (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, git; Jenkins, Artifactory, Terraform, Ansible, AWS, ELK)
- Knowledge of scalability levers in high volume, low latency transactional systems
- Proficiency with SQL, relational data modelling, and basic database schema design
- Excellent communicator – ability to discuss technical and solutions to peers, scrum masters, product owners, etc.
- Attention to detail – track record of authoring high quality documentation
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members
- Ability to work in an agile development environment where developers and testing personnel work closely together to deliver quality product
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients
- Be flexible to learn and work on new technologies
- Amazon AWS / Microsoft Azure Google Cloud platform related certifications is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN