Cloud Engineering and Services Manager
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 206628
Position Title: Manager, Cloud Engineering
Cloud Engineering and Services Manager
Teradata, a leading data analytics company, is currently looking to hire Cloud Engineering Manager to lead our growing Cloud Engineering and Services team in Pune, India.
Cloud Engineering and Services Group at Teradata, is designed to accelerate cloud adoption amongst our on-premise customers, it simplifies provisioning, deployment, migration, and management using automation and intuitive user experience. It provides ongoing management of the Teradata products and services on cloud (across different providers). It automates common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full-lifecycle services to provision, run, and support our customer’s data.
We are looking for someone that can participate in this transformational journey and assisting our enterprise customers take advantage of an on-demand, low down-time in a completely managed infrastructure or in a DIY-subscription model. As increasing number of our customers move their workloads to the cloud, we are in need of seasoned engineering and operational talent to help navigate the operational challenges of cloud transformation.
This role shall require hands-on technical management ability in applying modern Cloud, SaaS and DevOps techniques operating a large-scale distributed solutions across multiple clouds. It encompasses different aspects of Cloud Engineering - building services from ground-up in a cloud-native way; be responsible to deliver production-grade cloud solutions and building a stellar support model for those cloud services for our customers. It involves bringing excellence in technical leadership, people management, program delivery and customer management.
This role shall be responsible to lead a team comprising of individual contributors from various aspect of cloud software engineering discipline - back-end micro services, UI services, DevOps specialists, Database evangelists and cloud support and delivery.
Ideal candidate for this role will have a proven track record of building large, scalable SaaS products, efficient problem solver, customer-obsessed, and a people-centric manager.
Responsibilities of this role includes:
- Coordinate with Product Management, UX and architects to come up with high level design for the features, estimates, plan and timelines for the delivery.
- Develop services following good architecture and design principles that you and your team will find easy to work with in the future and can create good maintainable code.
- Defines, documents and manages scope, expectations, implementation approach, deliverables and acceptance testing criteria.
- Participate in architecture reviews related to performance and scalability of products
- Proactive in pre-empting dependencies, risks and bottlenecks with its mitigation plan.
- Put in place best-in-class processes for ensuring high quality and high uptime for the product developed by the team
- Driving quality process and initiatives throughout the product lifecycle to eliminate architecture, design and coding defects at the source
- Establish and develop industry best-practices on operations activities: incident management, deployment, monitoring, automation, backups and resiliency.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of development, debugging, administration and automation frameworks.
- Provide guidance to the team in an efficient and agile manner measured with industry leading metrics.
- Ensure highly available services with zero downtime. Be responsible for developing, running and supporting the SaaS service in partnership with the Level-1/2 operations teams
- Contributing to talent hiring, people skill development, setting objectives and goals
- Establish lean engineering practices such as CI/CD, TDD, effective code reviews, etc.
- Foster an environment of innovation and continuous improvement
- Take the lead on larger projects where outcomes typically defined, but approach undetermined.
- Use data to identify trends to efficiencies to continually improve service.
Experience and Skills expected for this role:
- Experience with cloud computing, IaaS/PaaS and SaaS with a deep understanding of cloud business models, processes and systems.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the Cloud Platforms - AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle;
- Good understanding of databases, network, high availability and disaster recovery, job scheduling, asset management, software distribution and incident management services
- Experience with Web services, systems administration (Linux and/or Windows), Networking, Java, Perl, Ruby, and Python
- Understands the constraints and opportunities presented by cloud platform services, and how they fit into both operational delivery and customer solutions.
- A process-oriented individual, with strong project management skills, who has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Ability to consistently and collaboratively resolve issues, mitigate roadblocks, and communicates in a proactive way.
- Managed teams that designed and operated critical infrastructure, particularly with a broad experience across service orchestration, deployment systems and the cloud
- Customer-focused and highly driven to solve real problems for customers
- Passionate about continuous improvement in both Pre and Post-production and promoting a culture of feedback driven by data and key metrics.
- Able to run large incidents and handle escalations.
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Engineering and Services Manager
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN