Data Scientist - Customer Success Team
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206564
Position Title: Business Intelligence Analyst (III)
Data Scientist - Customer Success Team
Location: San Diego, CA
As a Data Scientist Senior Associate, you will be responsible for supporting Teradata’s Customer Success team by helping us leverage the power of data to unlock new insights about Teradata’s business operations. Your primary role will be to apply your expertise in data mining, statistical analyses, and predictive analytics to better align our operations to our corporate strategy. This is a new role within the organization so we are seeking an individual who can help us better define the role and best practices around the use of predictive analytics.
You must be able to work cross-functionally to conduct analyses that satisfy business requirements and meet the needs of several stakeholders across Field Sales, Sales Ops, Marketing, Product, Finance, and others. This role reports directly to the head of GTM Strategy & Process team.
- Support the development of strategies that align to the long-term goals and visions of Teradata
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Mine large amounts of information to discover and interpret trends and patterns
- Build custom predictive models and machine-learning algorithms to optimize business outcomes
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Work cross-functionally across the organization to implement models & provide ongoing monitoring
- Examples of work include conducting Natural Language Processing or Sentiment Analyses on unstructured data sets
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 5-7 years of relevant work experience required
- Strong experience with:
- Statistics: exploratory analysis, regression, model creation
- Data mining: Anomaly detection, signals & patterns analysis
- Data modeling: Machine learning, decision trees/forests, clustering analysis
- Text analysis: Natural language processing, sentiment analysis
- Experience using statistical computer languages and analytic tools ( ex. Hadoop, Map Reduce, Spark, Aster, Python, java, SQL, R, Data Profiling/BI tools. etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- 3-5+ years experience in the Analytics ecosystem
- Time management & prioritization – ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail, with strong written & verbal communications
- Preferred: Master’s or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative fields
- Previous experience with Teradata technology is ideal
What we offer you!
- The newly renovated Teradata HQ in San Diego boasts one of the best office spaces the city has to offer, including, a state-of-the-art gym with classes daily, a juice bar, coffee shop, on-site cafeteria, panoramic city and mountain views, basketball courts, ample outdoor sitting space, and so much more!
- We offer comprehensive benefit programs, unlimited time-off, 401k matching, and an employee stock purchase program.
- The opportunity to work with brilliant people in an environment of significant transformation where everyone has the freedom to drive change and make an impact.
- Be a part of the world's leading company in a space that will define our future!
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist - Customer Success Team
Job Category: Business Development
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US