Consulting Engagement Geo Lead - AMS Industry
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206563
Position Title: Director, Engagement & Delivery
Consulting Engagement Geo Lead, AMS Industry
Location: US, virtual
This position is accountable for leading a team of Consulting Engagement Managers in the newly formed Industry Vertical. The Consulting Engagement Lead will specialize in the sales and support of Teradata customers. Your Engagement Management team will be responsible for the sale of consulting services, overseeing delivery of consulting engagements, and for comprehensive management of engagement related financials. Precise administration of engagement related data and associated order and revenue forecasting through the newly implemented Financial Force system is a top priority. You will be expected to represent the engagement portfolio in the monthly Outlook review cycle.
To be successful in this role you must be able to lead through influence and collaborate with costumers and other Teradata organizations including account teams, management and Consulting delivery teams with complementary goals and objectives. Key objectives for your role will be to lead your consulting team to drive the consumption of Teradata products and software, while achieving Consulting margin and revenue volume metrics according to plan. Maximizing direct time with customers will be an important factor in your ability to drive results.
The ideal candidate will have a diverse background as both a data warehousing practitioner, as well as a senior level consulting executive. The candidate will have spent time in the Teradata ecosystem, either as a Teradata employee, or as a partner, customer or competitor. The candidate will have empathy and insights into the perspective of all participants in the broader Teradata ecosystem. The candidate must be willing to work both in managerial capacities as well as performing staff work as an individual.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Team leadership for Engagement Managers.
- Optimization of resource assignments to maximize sales and efficient delivery oversight.
- Assuring rigorous and accurate administration of Financial Force data.
- Assure high-fidelity order management, revenue management and forecasting of both sales and orders.
- Definition and sales of consulting services that enable and drive consumption of Teradata capacity.
- Oversight of consulting engagements assuring customer satisfaction, acceptance, satisfaction, and engagement margin expectations.
- Perform bid review and other approval functions in compliance with established company policy.
- Assist in achievement of Americas Consulting Sales, Revenue and Margin attainment objectives.
- Collaborate with other Consulting and Sales leaders including Sales, Industry, Delivery, Enablement and Partner Ecosystem
- Support change management activities such as new systems implementation, and partner ecosystem development and Consulting Enablement program objectives
- 10 years or more of relevant consulting services leadership and experience, specifically in owning or supporting a consulting services P&L of $40M+ annual revenue
- Knowledge of Teradata products and services.
- Knowledge of Teradata financial systems and compliance rules.
- Ability to frame and scope complex consulting engagements and prepare Statement of Work, proposal and related documents.
- Proven track record of successfully driving and managing a margin focused services business including planning and executing margin improvement strategies
- Experience in building and executing with and through a partner ecosystem
- Consulting services leadership experience at scale
- Customer relationship management experience
- Ability to apply critical thinking to develop and solve business challenges
- Ability to effectively prioritize key activities and delegate as needed
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer sites. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel is also expected.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Consulting Engagement Geo Lead - AMS Industry
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US