Director of Engineering, Cloud Platform
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 206530
Position Title: Director, Cloud Engineering
Director of Engineering, Cloud Platform
Do you describe yourself as a strong leader, a creative thinker and a person focused on delivering results? Are you passionate about building cloud services, leading people and growing/maturing a highly motivated team?
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for an experienced Engineering Director who has a strong desire to solve problems and drive building/launching of innovative cloud services in a startup like environment. This is your opportunity to be part of the team that’s working to influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services. As part of our cloud organization, you’ll lead multiple engineering teams and own/manage various cloud services.
- Be a technical and a people leader for a group of highly talented and motivated engineers.
- Work with VPs, Senior leaders and Product Managers to define long term strategic plans and roadmaps for the teams.
- Build and manage a cloud engineering team with an execution focus.
- Set goals and provide technical guidance and to Engineering Managers, Architects, TPMs and senior engineers.
- Able to work across various groups and come with win-win strategies to deliver results.
- Lead the engineering teams to build low-friction APIs, highly-responsive web UIs, intuitive CLIs and top class customer experiences for the cloud services you own.
- Able to dig deep and get hands-on on the architecture, design, api development and other coding aspects.
- Communicate effectively with other engineering teams, QA, PMs and senior leadership team.
- Interact with customers and partners to understand their problem space and articulate the functionalities/features of the cloud services.
- Evaluate new technologies, open source libraries, cloud native services, etc to and define strategic investments and partnerships.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Business or related fields (Bachelors with adequate experience is acceptable).
- 10+ years of hands-on software development experience.
- 5+ years of people management experience with at least 2 years of managing people managers.
- Demonstratable experience of managing and leading an engineering team to build and operate a cloud service in public cloud platform.
- Strong understanding of software and service development life cycles.
- Experience in multiple roles such as distributed systems, front end, database systems and full stack.
- Knowledge of modern web frameworks and tools (such as Angular, React, Backbone, Sass, Webpack, Polymer, Closure, etc.)
- Demonstratable experience in at least one modern general-purpose programming language (like Java, C++, Node.js, Typescript, Go and Python)
- Good understanding of business model, revenues and operating margins is desired.
- Experience working with automated deployments and source code/configuration management tools (such as GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Templates, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, and similar)
- Deep passion for quality and customer foucs.
- Proven experience building services on at least one of public cloud platforms (AWS or Azure or GCP). Strong knowledge of Azure stack is preferable.
What’s in it for you?
This job is an excellent opportunity to join a global, multi-billion dollar per year leader in data and analytics, working with the top companies in their industries. You will work at our beautiful Bellevue, Washington campus, in one of the best places to live in America. Teradata offers excellent compensation and benefits that include unlimited PTO, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, medical and dental insurances, and much more. Apply now to take the best next step in your career.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Engineering, Cloud Platform
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US