Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206529
Position Title: Graphic Arts Designer (II)
Location: San Diego, CA
Joining the Teradata Graphic Design team you will have the opportunity to create visual concepts utilizing the latest industry-standard software to communicate ideas that inspire, inform and captivate, in support of multiple teams including Demand Generation, Sales, Consulting, Events and internal support for HR and the Leadership Team.
What You'll Do
- Support the Art Director and senior creative staff in conceptualizing and execution of a wide spectrum of collateral, both digital and print, static and interactive.
- In addition to creative responsibilities, you'll have the opportunity to manage multiple projects simultaneously beginning with a project’s acceptance into the system (Kapost) and driving through to execution.
- You won't work alone - you'll works closely with the writing team and facilitate meetings with Marketing Directors, SMEs, Demand Gen Managers, members of the Leadership Team, Consultants and other clients to meet, interview, question and provide thought leadership in proposing the best possible collateral pieces based on those interviews.
- Time Management is a must - you'll set timelines and deliverables based on existing SLAs while also working to meet client needs.
- Digital deployment - understanding best practices and the unique requirements of the digital space will allow you to converse about and deliver files prepared for online use, whether static or interactive.
- Defend the Brand - you'll ensure Teradata’s Brand is deployed across all design pieces (print and digital, small and large format) creatively but faithfully, ensuring maximum recognition of Teradata’s brand and maximum delivered impact for the teams served.
- Software Swiss-Army Knife: Our client’s needs are diverse and you'll need to have expertise in a wide variety of tools – Adobe’s Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat), Microsoft PowerPoint and Word, along with some knowledge of Animate, Premiere Pro, After Effects and XD for interactive/motion deliverables.
- Build off templates - you'll create and edit templates that include paragraph and character styles, box and image formatting to create and export a variety of digital deliverables including landing page and web ads for paid and social media. Other possible content to include brochures, newsletters, advertisements, handouts, client presentations, posters, invitations, interactive content, web images, etc., for internal and external audiences and in consultation with the Content Team, Demand Gen Managers, and other team members.
- PowerPoint - included in the tools list above but worth emphasizing - if you're a budding PowerPoint Super User, you'll fit right in.
- Digital Portfolio required
- 2-3 years of experience in a Corporate B2B or Agency environment as a Graphic Designer (high-tech preferred)
- 2-3 years of experience with PowerPoint
- Able to balance multiple projects simultaneously and work together with cross-functional teams
- Understanding of best practices for preparing files for print and have a mastery of color space requirements
- Deep understanding of typography, layout and design principles, along with color theory
- Understanding of branding best practices
- Expertise in Adobe’s Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Willingness to propose out-of-the-box ideas and defend design choices
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Graphic Designer
Job Category: Marketing
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US