Director, Sales and Marketing Platforms
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206510
Position Title: Director, Software Systems
The Director, Sales, Marketing, & Consulting technology, reporting to the Senior Director of Information Technology Services (ITS) Applications, will lead the application team and ecosystem supporting Teradata’s sales, marketing, and consulting business units. Teradata continues to make great progress on a transformational journey involving change in the organization, processes, and systems. The Salesforce platform is currently used by over 2,400 members of the Teradata team and is a strategic platform for which there will be continued investments made to develop and enhance. Launching FinancialForce in January 2020 will add to the Force.com platform strategic initiatives and requirement for support and development. This leadership position is a key role within the IT organization and integral to the successful partnership with our customers in Sales, Marketing, and Consulting. We are seeking a highly experienced leader in this space who will seek and drive continuous improvement and innovation.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and strategic direction, using innovative and progressive thinking to enhance and deliver services to our Sales, Marketing, and Consulting partners
- Nurture and enhance IT partnership with business leadership in the Go-To-Market (Sales + Consulting) and Marketing organizations
- Accountable for delivery, architecture, design, development, and quality of Teradata’s sales, marketing, and consulting information systems
- Enhance and actively manage our strategic partnerships to ensure Teradata is getting the most from their investments
- Manage the business relationship with application software partners ensuring proactive and timely management of licenses, renewals, maintenance agreements, statements of work, invoices, etc.
- Recruit, develop, lead, and retain a world-class team of technology professionals
- Contribute to and support IT strategy and direction, optimizing processes, rationalizing applications, reducing tech debt, and migrating IT solutions to SaaS/cloud solutions responsibly.
- Manage and lead with a continuous improvement mindset, propose and articulate appropriate business cases to support strategic change
- Minimum 10+ years of Go-To-Market technology leadership experience in a complex, publicly traded, global organization
- Minimum 5+ years leading a Salesforce platform team supporting the GTM function, including accountability for delivery
- Experience managing FinancialForce on the Force platform a strong plus
- Experience managing Marketing applications a strong plus
- Success using agile principles to deliver great business outcomes through technology
- Proven track record developing and sustain partnerships within the business, especially with Sales, Marketing, and Consulting organizations
- Experience with a variety of application hosting models, including on-premise, vendor cloud, public cloud, and SaaS
- Demonstrated experience managing diverse resources focused on delivering great engineering outcomes, including solution designers, business systems analysts, and software engineers
- Demonstrated leadership experience working in a hybrid managed services environment
- Demonstrated experience supporting, collaborating and communicating in a global environment
- Proven ability to embrace change and continuously improve outcomes and processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: articulate and effective communicator and presenter, able to describe complex problems and solutions in easy to understand business terms; ability to frame communications to a diverse set of stakeholders
- Proven change leadership skills; challenges traditional way of doing things; influences across the organization, effectively leading change, originating ideas, and championing and gaining commitment
- Experience influencing, and presenting to, senior IT and business stakeholders
- Effectively use data to ensure valuable business outcomes
- Ability to establish and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to execute swiftly without compromising quality
- Exhibits acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
Education & Special Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or equivalent, required.
- Master's degree in CS, CIS, MIS, or related disciplines is preferred.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Sales and Marketing Platforms
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US