Location: Singapore, Central Singapore SG
Requisition Number: 206506
Position Title: Solutions Engineers IV
Our Solution Engineers are highly respected for their knowledge, skills and empathy to meet our customers’ business challenges through the use of data and analytics at scale. And as our customers rank among the best and largest in their industry, including leading financial institutions, manufacturers, Telcos, retailers, airlines, major government entities and others, this respect is hard earned. We believe the best way to achieve high value outcomes for our customers is to foster a community of people who love data and the world changing possibilities that analytics can provide.
You’ll be part of a team helping your customers with analytical solutions to their business challenges.
So, you will be smart, adaptive, curious and consultative, with a great attitude and focused on helping your customers understand how analytics provides successful solutions for their business challenges. You will be a knowledge seeker, constantly searching and collaborating with colleagues, customers and partners. As a Solution Engineer you will thrive in a team, working closely with our Account Executives, Business Consultants, delivery consultants, field engineers and the extended support organisation.
You are a good communicator, with an ability to see both the widescreen and the close-up of how technology provides solutions and opportunities for your customers. And when we say communicate, we mean you’ll be talking with everyone from the DBA to senior executives; comfortable and confident that you’ll deliver the best possible solutions for your customer. So, you will have a good deal of responsibility, but you will also have autonomy to make your own decisions, and what you will learn and gain in experience just isn’t found anywhere else.
You will be a ‘trusted advisor’ to your client; your technology leadership, experience, not forgetting your business skills, means you can seek out and develop opportunities for Teradata solutions that meet your customer’s needs. You will also keep up with our competitors’ capabilities, because your customer needs confidence in your understanding of their data challenges. We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything; in fact, we would prefer you to have wide and far-reaching knowledge and experience, with perhaps a specialism field or two that you are knowledgeable in. And whatever your particular experience, you can explain, demonstrate and deliver right across the board in your customer’s organisation.
So, if your passion for real, deliverable solutions to some of the biggest data challenges in the world matches ours, and what we’ve said appeals to your sense of adventure, come and work for us.
What you will be doing...
- You will have one or more target accounts, in partnership with the Account Executive, to develop a relevant, actionable account strategy and plan
- Actively work on the design, implementation and roll-out of solutions that meet your customer’s challenges – so you’ll need to see and assess your customer’s ‘as is’ before you can provide them with their ‘to be’ solutions
- Inspire confidence in Teradata software and services through your professionalism and expertise to drive sales forward
- Provide leadership to the extended Teradata account team of our technical solutions and ensure that other relevant SMEs are engaged at appropriate points throughout the sales cycle – you’ll also work with the extended Teradata consulting team to scope projects and develop appropriate SOWs, project plans and risk analyses
What skills are needed for ideal candidates
- ‘Passionate’ and enthusiastic about data, analytics and Teradata – after all, we are…
- Have at least 5+ years hands-on experience in architecting / designing / delivering analytic solutions for large enterprises in either a pre-sales or delivery role
- A clear, confident and persuasive communicator, who can make a clear and understandable logical argument and successfully defend their position
- Have a keen interest and understanding of developments in the data and analytic technology world
- Have an excellent ability to multi-task and juggle priorities while ensuring you and the teams work life balance is kept in check
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and, of course, be proficient in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills
- Have a degree level qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
Grade and salary is commensurate with the demands of the role and based on skills and experience. And you can work from a local Teradata facility or virtually, depending upon your preference.
You will meet with customers and account teams in-person. The role allows for some flexibility of working hours in line with the immediate needs of your customers and the account team.
State: Central Singapore
Community / Marketing Title: Solution Engineer
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Singapore, Central Singapore SG