Senior Manager, Learning & Development
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206499
Position Title: Employee Learning & Development Consultant (V)
Are you passionate about the enrichment and development of talent? Would you enjoy building and delivering innovative, scalable learning experiences that will grow our talent and enable further success? We are looking for a highly creative talent development professional with experience working across multiple instructional delivery modalities. This role will create and continuously improve our talent learning experiences using an array of approaches that engage learners and drive high-impact learning. You will be responsible for developing and delivering high-quality content in the following formats: interactive video learning, instructor-led content, virtual classroom design and immersive learning experiences. This role requires deep collaboration across our global environment.
The Sr. Manager, Learning and Development, will be responsible for accelerating our efforts to scale and provide relevant and timely solutions that build skills and capabilities for today and tomorrow across our organization. This individual will collaborate closely with the Talent Management community, HR Business Partners, business stakeholders and external experts to effectively manage and improve existing learning programs, translate business and people priorities into data informed multi-year learning and development plans and lead the development and delivery of new non-technical learning programs.
- Responsible to actively lead and engage business leaders and HR colleagues in the active internal talent management and development of our management and employee population and the development of strategies to improve attraction, performance and retention of exceptional talent and ensure a significant improvement to our talent pipeline.
- Lead and partner with the business/function/regional leaders and their respective HR leaders to identify needs and create talent and leadership development strategies for internal talent aligned to our integrated talent management strategy.
- Design and deploy customized instructor-led and digital learning courses in support of leadership and employee development globally, includes facilitation and delivery of learning programs to employees and executive leadership
- Design and develop courses and materials in a variety of delivery modes (e.g, classroom, digital, simulations, virtual, distance learning, etc.), and consult with stakeholders to determine appropriate training solutions, manage expectations, make recommendations, and communicate project status updates
- Creates design documents outlining course objectives, content, assessment, and evaluation criteria as well as pre-work materials, learning manuals, etc.
- Apply adult learning theories and principles, instructional design methodologies and technologies, industry best practices, and effective processes to develop training materials; managing multiple projects, including scope, milestones, schedules, deliverables, and resources, in support of training goals and objectives
- Problem-solve, trouble-shoot, and mitigate issues related to training roadblocks, work force preparation/readiness, and business capabilities
- Participate in delivery of global talent management processes and programs, including performance management, talent review, succession planning, strategic workforce planning, goal setting, etc.
- Serve as a facilitator of development programs, focused on effective delivery of curriculum, feedback, group discussion and coaching to a wide variety of audiences and geographies and in a wide variety of modes (e.g., classroom, virtual, on-demand, etc.)
- Build strong connections both with participant cohorts and program content and facilitate group dynamics to promote adult-learning best practices
- Transfer knowledge to other facilitators by delivering learning courses and train-the-trainer sessions as needed
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of talent development solutions and work with stakeholders to make improvements and leverage successes
- Assist in the management of external vendor relationships
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable working on multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. The candidate should be fluent in adult learning with a customer/learner centric and organized approach. They must be willing to be hands on while insisting on the highest standards and measuring the business impact of all the learning experiences they build.
- Bachelor’s degree and graduate or post-graduate degree in OD, Organizational Psychology required.
- Demonstrated expertise in multiple disciplines within Talent Management, Learning, Organizational Development, etc.
- Advanced analytical and data based inclination where solutions and interventions are rooted in measurement and evaluation of effectiveness and experience in applying data-based insights to interventions.
- Lead design projects to successful completion, performing tasks throughout the project life cycle (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Evaluation).
- Ability to work in a team environment to design, develop and build blended learning solutions.
- Design learning that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners, including the demonstrated understanding of cultural differences that may apply.
- Extensive experience in instructional design application with the ability to convert strategies to effective and engaging learning experiences.
- Proven learning design and development experience designing storyboards, audio and video scripts, job aids, scenarios and case studies, learning activities, online course content, web applications, infographics, learning assessments, and user guides using sound instructional design theory. Experience implementing modern learning modalities strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience in a professional facilitator role, with proven ability to engage, educate, influence and inspire diverse individuals and groups of stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation, storytelling, group dynamics and facilitation skills across a wide range of delivery methods including classroom, WebEx, videos, break-outs, etc.
- History of sparking improvements in learning strategy and content through collaboration and prototyping.
- Excellent analytical skills, experience with using data to drive the delivery of training solutions.
- Proven experience as an Instructional Designer in a global corporate organization is preferable.
- 10-15 years of on-the-job application of instructional design and/or facilitation is desired.
- Will be required to travel globally up to 20% of time.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Products is required.
- Experience with Articulate Storyline, Rise, and/or Adobe Captivate, graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator a plus.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Learning & Development
Job Category: Human Resources
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US