Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206483
Position Title: Software Engineer (I)
The technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers works to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
The candidate will actively develop software as part of the Teradata Open Platform engineering team. The focus of the Open Platform team is to deliver the Teradata suite of technologies into a variety of platforms to expand the reach of our software. The team designs, implements, and tests software associated with these deployments as well as provide support associated with these deployments. The candidate will have responsibilities during all phases of the software development: independently analyzing and enhancing existing designs and implementations or generating new designs and implementations; defining work breakdowns, identifying tasks, and creating project schedules; generating test plans, test cases, and executing tests to validate software.
This position is located in San Diego (Rancho Bernardo), California. Teradata’s fast-paced, high-tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out-of-the-box thinking to move our state-of-the-art technology to the next level.
Major Job Functions:
- Serve as part of the Teradata Open Platform team that builds platform-quality code that’s well tested and reusable.
- Gather requirements, document design proposal(s), and align with engineering architects on implementation plans.
- Work individually or side-by-side with other team members (as the situation requires) to document, implement, and test software in support of the overall solution.
- Develop test plans and test cases and execute test cases associated with the software being developed.
- Serve as a peer in technical meetings, regular code reviews, and technical planning meetings
- Ultimately be accountable for the quality of all Teradata solutions that are developed by the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- GPA of 3.00 or better
- Internship or other relevant work experience
- Knowledge of C++, Java, or other programming and scripting languages
- Knowledge of Linux operating system
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently when appropriate
- Familiarity with Agile software development
- Familiarity with continuous integration concepts
- Familiarity with Git
- Familiarity with Jenkins
- Familiarity with fundamental database concepts and operation
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US