Employee Experience and Event Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206482
Position Title: Program Management Specialist (IV)
You will be joining a team of passionate experts who are intentional about building and nurturing a culture that sets us apart – making Teradata’s talent a true competitive advantage.
You’ll play a key professional role on our team and are passionate about ensuring our employees experience is exceptional as they are learning and developing. You will take a keen eye to every detail and feel joy when development is taking place. You will have an important role in ensuring programs are launched effectively, with thorough change, communication and marketing campaigns, and will partner with global program leaders to enable and operationalize aspects of the talent programs.
- Responsible for the execution of the planning and logistics of events designed to deliver growth and learning opportunities to Teradata employees. This includes programs related to Executive Development, Advanced Leadership Development and Inclusion & Diversity and others as they arise. Includes project management of venue coordination, vendor identification, selection, negotiation, invoice, and payment processes, as well as responsibility for planning and securing transportation, welcome/gift packs/swag, meeting scheduling, and coordination of all details and plans to operationalize the event and ensure an exceptional employee experience.
- Responsible for the overall employee experience during development and deployment of talent development programs to ensure efforts foster engagement, recognition, and effectiveness – in other words, we will rely on your voice to set the stage for an unsurpassed experience, delivered smartly and in a pragmatic manner.
- Assist in the design and preparation of materials needed for events such as marketing, printing and ordering as well as reviewing to ensure a branded look and feel to all materials.
- Responsible to assist in the administration and response of any external ad-hoc or reporting surveys related to corporate responsibility, inclusion and diversity efforts, customer requested responses, etc.
- Responsbile for gathering monthly communication needs to be featured in the Teradata times, and to also plan the over-arching social media calendar for Inclusion & Diversity efforts.
- Resonsible to ensure orientation materials reflect aligned messaging and updates on talent development programs, inclusion and diversity messages/resources and messages regarding our culture and values.
- Responsible for vendor selection and interactions, including project management of scheduling of intake, set-up and documentation of evaluation criteria, scheduling of ongoing meetings, logistics, etc. Includes all vendors affiliated with the Talent Management & Development organization. Includes gathering of business documents from new vendors, setting up new vendors in the Teradata system, creating Purchase Orders, receiving invoices and tracking vendor spend against PO.
- Responsible for working with the Teradata University team (LMS) to set-up and maintain curricula, courses and offerings (classes) for talent development programs (Leader and Executive Development initially, with all talent development programs eventually) into the LMS based on business needs and established best practices, including verifying/confirming participation for offerings.
- Responsible to conduct research related to external vendors that may be needed to supply unique learning solutions as needed to accelerate development.
- Schedule and prepare materials for Quarterly Talent Check-ins including gathering of metrics, materials in support of an engaging discussion, etc.
- Provide input and create event marketing and communication for our talent management organization.
- Ensure compliance with corporate processes associated with legal, procurement, tax, accounting and other departments.
- Communication and change enablement – Responsible to design the enterprise template for enabling strong communication and cascading of changes or announcements, i.e. Meeting-in-a-Box facilitator, discussion and logistics guide.
- Track and report all budget expenditures across entire talent management and learning team; support processing of expense reports for VP expenditures.
- Act as a role model leader and key contributor to our Talent Management team – we hold ourselves to high standards, have a great deal of respect for the unique strengths of all, and enjoy coming to work and collaborating with each other.
- 5-8 years experience in project management with 3-5 years experience having distinct responsibility for the relationship experience or the employee experience.
- PMP certification strongly preferred.
- Strong interest in project management of and exposure to a variety of programs and topics, both planned and unplanned. Interest to expand and grow your career, with a growth mindset and willingness to take on and learn new things.
- Skilled multi-tasker able to thrive in an environment where you will work on multiple projects at once, set priorities, work independently, problem solve, improvise, and function as a team member.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Discretion, good judgment and the ability to handle confidential information appropriately and with tact.
- Significant proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Sharepoint experience a plus.
- Previous experience in working within an organizational change and/or cultural transformation a plus.
- Committed to a growth mindset and interested in learning new things.
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a high performer who can “hit the ground running” and bring experience into the ecosystems we operate in - high tech and/or professional services. You’re passionate about the work you do – adding value to the business through well executed culture and inclusiveness programs. You anticipate business needs and love to put order to chaos and are energized by a good challenge. You see opportunity in a less than optimal process and look for new ways of incorporating process efficiency. You realize success with the appropriate amount of confidence, orientation to the collective success of the organization and team over personal gain and ego-orientation. You demonstrate adaptability, tenacity, and resiliency and can balance work-load with high touch delivery. You are comfortable with a reasonable amount of ambiguity.
You have a global mindset, cultural sensitivity and an appreciation for and ability to speak to the importance of the employee’s experience on our culture. You demonstrate strong project and program management discipline with the ability to independently prioritize and track complex, competing schedules; proactively anticipate and complete tasks; and self-initiate programs. With your advanced administrative management mindset, you partner and work across boundaries (organizations, business processes, systems, programs) to assess best ways to operationalize and deploy programs. You are comfortable addressing issues and acting without significant direction, work independently and have a good sense of when to escalate issues and gain other perspectives and alignment.
You are organized and have keen attention to detail. Technology usage is a strength, and you are comfortable navigating across Workday, SharePoint, and the MS Office suite of tools. You have experience with WebEx and CNET (or affiliated event planning systems) or have a strong interest to learn.
And finally, you want to learn and grow in your work experience and have some fun while doing it.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Employee Experience and Event Manager
Job Category: Human Resources
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US