EMEA Sales Data Scientist (m/f)
Location: Muenchen, Bavaria DE
Requisition Number: 206457
Position Title: Ecosystem Architecture III
The Sales Data Scientist (SDS) is an experienced and expert Data Scientist, able to provide industry thought-leadership on Analytics and its application across industries and across use-cases. The SDS supports the account team in framing business problems and in identifying analytic solutions that leverage Teradata technology and that are disruptive, innovative - and above all, practical. An articulate and compelling communicator, the SDS establishes our position as an important partner for advanced analytics with customers and prospects and is a trusted advisor to executives, senior managers and fellow data scientists alike across a range of target accounts. They are also a hands-on practitioner who is ready, willing and able to roll-up her sleeves and to deliver POC and RACE engagements. The SDS has an excellent theoretical and practical understanding of statistics and machine learning and has a strong track record of applying this understanding at scale to drive business benefit. They are insanely curious and is a natural problem-solver and able to effectively promote Teradata technology and solutions to our customers.
Successful candidates will -
- Provide pre-sales support at an executive level to the Teradata account teams, helping them to position and sell complex Analytic solutions that drive sales of Teradata software.
- Provide strategic pre-sales consulting to executives and senior managers in our target market, to enable them to ask-and-answer questions like: how should I identify and prioritise candidate Analytic business improvement opportunities? How can I create an Analytic culture? How do I organise scarce Analytic resources? How do I recruit and retain talent and create multi-disciplinary teams? How can I ensure that my Analytic initiatives leave the lab and drive improved business results? How should I approach Analytic governance?
- Provide industry thought-leadership on Analytics and its application across industries and geographies, by, for example, delivering high-impact presentations at external and internal events, like Strata and Teradata Universe; authoring blogs and articles; publishing white papers; and engaging with relevant media, including social media.
- Support the delivery of PoC and PoV projects that demonstrate the viability and applicability of Analytic use-cases and the superiority of Teradata solutions and services.
- Support account teams in closing new business by assisting them in developing, positioning and closing proposals and actively participate in the design, implementation, and roll-out of these solutions to ensure that customer requirements are met or exceeded, and appropriate lessons learned.
- Work with the extended Account team, especially the Industry Consultants, to develop new Analytic propositions that are aligned with industry trends and customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of Teradata’s Analytic solutions and services and provide timely and relevant feedback to the Teradata product, engineering and consulting teams.
- Create, maintain and share IP and assets that contribute to Teradata’s continued success and mentor and develop colleagues.
Successful candidates must -
- Be expert Data Scientists with a strong theoretical grounding in statistics, advanced analytics and machine learning and at least 5 years real-world experience in the application of advanced analytics;
- Be numerate, creative problem-solvers able to balance multiple competing requirements;
- Have strong hands-on programming skills in at least one major analytic programming language and/or tool in addition to SQL
- Have excellent interpersonal, consulting and communication skills and a proven ability to persuade and influence;
- Be passionate about knowledge sharing and demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional development;
- Believe in Teradata's Analytic solutions and services and be committed to working with the product, engineering and consulting teams to ensure that they continue to lead the market.
- Have proven hands-on experience of complex analytics at scale for example in the areas of IoT and sensor data.
Successful candidates will preferably -
- Be fluent in English and German
- Be expert with SQL and Teradata solutions and services;
- Have a degree level qualification in Statistics, Data Science, the physical or biological sciences or a related discipline.
Terms and conditions
Grade and salary will be commensurate with the demands of the role and based on age and experience. The successful candidate may work from either a local Teradata facility or virtually, depending upon his or her preference, but may be required to travel on business frequently and often.
Community / Marketing Title: EMEA Sales Data Scientist (m/f)
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Muenchen, Bavaria DE