Marketing Project Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206455
Position Title: Marketing Operations Specialist (IV)
Marketing Project Manager, Teradata Universe & World Tour
Location: San Diego, CA
The Marketing Project Manager is an individual contributor position responsible for project management of strategic projects within Teradata Global Marketing. The Strategic Operations Manager is assigned to support one or more areas within Global Marketing and there is an opportunity to optimize many different functions within the organization.
This role requires strong organizational and analytical skills and experience in the management of multi-faceted projects, from conception through completion. The function also requires the ability to dive deeply into assigned projects and processes to remove roadblocks and keep all workstream deliverables on schedule.
The role uses continuous improvement strategies and problem-solving techniques, including identification of root cause and development of effective countermeasures, to drive incremental improvement in the output of these strategic projects.
- Deliver guidance in the execution of key marketing initiatives and facilitate cross-functional collaboration using project management expertise and best practices
- Support the functional team in the execution of key projects
- Ensure effective communication within the project team, including weekly status meetings with circulated meeting notes, email and calendar updates, and shared drives for project resources
- Analyze problem areas using appropriate data and lead problem-solving efforts to get to the root cause and implement countermeasures to resolve one-time issues and/or optimize processes – using A3, Kaizen events and other tools
- Develop and manage action plans as well as KPI bowlers (where applicable)
Universe and World Tour Project Responsibilities
- Project management of Teradata Universe and World Tour events
- Establish speaker submission and selection timeline
- Validate that consistent imagery and messaging is being used across conference/tour areas, including brand compliance
- Coordinate finalization of speaker tracks and release of Call for Speakers announcement
- Manage speaker submissions (through selected or developed submission tool) and proposal evaluations
- Support speaker information tool for selected speakers
- Ensure selected speakers sign a legal agreement for how presentations can be used, approval for video capture
- Work with the Marketing Analytics team to develop a BI dashboard for speaker submissions, conference registrations, etc.
- Circulate conference/tour status reports
- Coordinate the build of conference/tour session catalog or agenda
- Conduct regular workstream calls to ensure all work is moving forward as planned; drive any missed deadlines to completion
- Develop a plan with Marketing Events Team to load all of the conference/tour badge scans to the respective campaigns
- Manage schedule for email communications; work with campaign manager to ensure the timeline is met
- Verify that Marketing Events team is forecasting event spend and validating forecasts monthly; ensure that teams are not exceeding approved budget and any necessary reimbursements are processed
- Coordinate with Portfolio Marketing: Equipment needs/demos
- Coordinate with Events Team: Signage, registrant giveaways, booth setup and execution, expo hall, ancillary events, Innovation Theatre, signage, conference staffing, ancillary events, executive presentations/speaker gifts, mobile app, sponsorships, virtual event, hands-on experience, executive presentations/speaker gifts
- Coordinate activities with owners: AR, PR, Social
- 5-7 years of work business experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the functional area of expertise
- Continuous improvement/lean or six sigma experience in various non-manufacturing business areas (Marketing preferred), including tools such as 5S, standard work, VSM, flow management, pull systems, strategy deployment, A3 thinking, descriptive statistics, SPC, process capability, etc.
- Experience with cross-functional project management
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and communication skills
- Ability to simplify and clarify complex and ambiguous problems
- Strong interpersonal Excellent project management skills
- Analytical and process thinking
- Passion for continuous improvement and change management
- Microsoft Office 365 toolset
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Marketing Project Manager
Job Category: Marketing
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US