Analyst Relations Manager (Virtual, US)
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 206404
Position Title: Market Research Analyst (IV)
Analyst Relations Manager
Location: Virtual, US
As an Analyst Relations (AR) Manager, you will be responsible for executing and managing Teradata’s relationship with key industry influencers by increasing the company’s visibility, interaction and influence with a diverse analyst community. The role is a mix of internal and external analyst relations activities that include developing strong relationships with key IT and industry analysts who influence buying decisions in the Teradata market. These include such firms as Gartner, Forrester, IDC and others.
You will develop a broad understanding of the full Teradata suite products and services and build a strong network with Teradata subject matter experts and executives. This knowledge and internal collaboration will be used to build and nurture appropriate relationships with key analysts in order to drive more positive commentary, recommendations and coverage.
The Analyst Relations team takes advantage of the unique position that these key outside influencers have with our prospects and customers to help drive revenue. You will leverage analyst research and opinion to convey market trends and information to Teradata sales, marketing, product development, and executives, as well as raise the awareness of the AR program internally.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with key analysts in both the IT and industry segments for Teradata’s market
- Execute briefings and inquiries with relevant analysts and company spokespersons to ensure ongoing engagement and to affect positive opinions of Teradata, its market strategies, products and services with the analysts
- Increase Teradata’s inclusion in analyst research reports, market perspectives, market share data, and industry event presentations, where applicable
- Work to establish Teradata as an integral part of the end-user consideration set via analyst recommendations on buying decisions
- Assist subject matter experts/spokespersons in preparing content that is tailored for that analyst audience
- Maintain a steady flow of outbound communications to assigned analyst target audiences
- Regularly assess the feasibility and value of analyst involvement in go-to-market offerings
- Coordinate program execution with other departments such as Sales, Demand Gen, PR and events, when appropriate
- Assess the effectiveness of the analyst relationships
- Negotiate with, and push back on analysts who incorrectly position Teradata
This position requires a person who possesses broad company knowledge and good relationships across the organization, so as to appropriately align the organization and the analysts’ needs.
Must have previous experience in working with Gartner and Forrester and know how to navigate Tier 1 Analyst firms.
As many of the analysts are acknowledged thought leaders in their field, they are often sensitive to any disagreement, so this position must be able to negotiate well to achieve a win-win solution and to push back forcefully but sensitively so as to keep a positive, yet long-term, working relationship. This position requires someone with professional written as well as verbal communication/negotiation (occasionally confrontational) skills. Successful candidates must be able to gather all facts and decipher opinions from reality quickly and then objectively, yet forcefully, communicate to the analysts/consultants, and then continue a long-term relationship.
- Wide breadth of knowledge on Teradata’s solutions and offers
- 10 years of business experience in a high-tech B to B environment
- Analyst Relations experience required; successful sales experience a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in persuasive communicating/negotiating
- Must be a self- starter and comfortable working remotely
- Strong project management skills; detail-oriented, and be able to re-prioritize on the fly
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be able to interact successfully and influence at all levels of the company
- Must possess exceptional judgment and demonstrate strong leadership presence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Analyst Relations Manager (Virtual, US)
Job Category: Marketing
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US