Global Managed Services Teradata VMWare Senior Consultant
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo JP
Requisition Number: 206401
Position Title: Technology Consulting IV
Global Managed Services Teradata VMWare Senior Consultant
The Job location is flexible, this role can be based anywhere in APAC
(China, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia Australia, Korea, India)
The Global TeraData VMWare (TDVM) Senior Consultant will join a center of expertise team responsible for presale advisory, implementation
operations, and ongoing support of TDVM related services and service delivery. The individual will provide technical leadership to account teams and customers within a Region around VMWare and our Teradata TDVM product and services, aligned with Managed Services and company direction. As a thought-leader and overall TDVM SME, the TDVM Consultant will interact with senior management in various organizations to provide feedback on TDVM positioning during presale, ease of implementation, customer experience operating and using the product, and technical problems encountered and resolved. This feedback will be directed to internal organizations as R&D, Product Management and Service Development and Automation to ensure that current and new feature functionality and product direction incorporates expressed customer needs and results in updated and highly competent service delivery capability. The Managed Services TDVM Consultant will be involved in all aspects of global TDVM engagements, including pre-sales/demand creation, engagement scoping, customer presentations, , configuration consulting, delivery planning and implementation, including troubleshooting and technical life cycle management.
Overall Job Purpose and Responsibilities
- Deliver expert level services related to TDVM and associated use cases. Ensure alignment with overall company and regional strategies and advocated product reference architectures to drive quality results that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to work with early life TDVM products in an incubator environment, where customer use cases are rapidly evolving, and product capabilities are not fully mature.
- As appropriate, participate in field-based development of process and tools that allow for standardization and automation of future deliveries. Participate in knowledge sharing across the Global TDVM COE.
- Work with customers in the pre-implementation environment to ensure customer’s VMWare environment meets and complies with TD specifications for TDVM implementation and configuration. Reviews success factors with customers to ensure customer readiness prior to implementation.
- Provides TDVM technical leadership to supporting implementation team members as part of an overall customer engagement where related technology may be deployed in conjunction with TDVM. This includes use cases that will involve products and services such as BAR/DR, Vantage, and other adjacent technologies which will be integrated into the TDVM ecosystem, understanding the dependencies and requirements in order to affect a successful integration.
- Resolves post implementation TDVM configuration, implementation, basic tuning and troubleshooting services as part of a Managed Services statement of work. Identifies issues and calls in specialists as needed where complex workload management or performance tuning is required.
- Contributes to regional and global MS TDVM plan and results to plan, and key performance metrics
- Work with internal CS&S SD&A organization to ensure new feature functionality and product direction is appropriately represented in service delivery capability
- Support GSO as Level 2/Level 3 collaborator on incident resolution
- Acts as a Regional SME/individual contributor in complex TDVM solution offerings and implementation projects requiring a high level of expertise. Mentors local in country resources to increase their awareness and technical competency related to TDVM over time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven expert level service delivery capability within Teradata or VMWare ecosystems
- 5+ years of relevant experience with VMWare solutions - knowledge of VMWare use cases, reference architectures, VMWare internals, network, compute and storage requirements, configuration and performance
- Comprehensive communication skills including ability to interact effectively with account teams and customers
- Ability to lead, plan, and manage complex projects in a matrix management environment
- Ability to lead in a rapidly changing new product environment where processes and methods may not yet exist, leveraging own ability to isolate and diagnose problems and find solutions
Technical Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of network operations, specifically VLAN, jumbo frames, routing, network segmentation, NTP including troubleshooting of network, firewall, standard and distributed switches and security issues
- Knowledge of data center operations power, cabling (FC/FCoE/Ethernet) and redundancy
- Hands on system administration experience with Windows, Linux and VMWare ESXi
- Experience with integration of network, server, and storage components
- Experience with setup of BIOS, RAID, NFS/iSCSI/FC/SAS, UCS Manager/ASM
- Knowledge of VMWare network principles
- Knowledge of VMWare Virtualization principles including clustering, DRS/HA, Host Affinity
- Knowledge of VM storage principles
- Powershell/PowerCLI Scripting
- Hands on VM configuration, administration and troubleshooting experience or VMWare certification, current or past
- Experience analyzing and recommending actions in the area of Teradata system level Performance Tuning and Capacity Planning
- Proven experience in rapidly diagnosing product, feature and performance related issues on major customer systems and planning for mitigation strategies/actions
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related business degree.
Community / Marketing Title: Global Managed Services Teradata VMWare Senior Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP